Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Talking

I think the fact that we're discussing tanking and dpsing in both feat trees shows just how powerful the Conq is as of late. May it never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Here is the rotation in action from some time ago, holding aggro off Ryls who is doing >2000 DPS, with others around the 1800 mark and against multiple aggro resets (every Scorn).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGhSIrV_lo

If you are not weapon swapping you are not doing it optimally.
    The most useful bit of information to disclose, overall, would be how to get 10 out of 19 combo finishers to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Endius View Post
    The most useful bit of information to disclose, overall, would be how to get 10 out of 19 combo finishers to crit.
    From memory crit pot + ruthless + furious strikes is over 40% crit chance. I don't run Ruthless Asault anymore as I think there are better feats.

Anyone ever compare the long-term hate generation of 3 points in hateful strikes versus 3 points in sustained rage? Obviously you'll get more DPS out of sustained rage, but it seems like a 20% hate increase, combined with all of the other abilities conqs have to increase their hate and DPS, is a pretty nice tool to throw in the repertoire.

In terms of burst hate hateful strikes obviously wins out, but I wonder how it compares long-term because of hateful strikes' long cooldown. Anyone have any experience with it?

Hey Boesch thanks very much for your videos.
    Thanks OP for the very informative guide.

I have a question though, unfortunately people in my guild tend to moan a lot when I give them a rez without the rez specced at all would it be major problem if I removed 3 points from Improved Throat Slash and dump them in the rez thing or do you think the crit chance from ITR is too important to sacrifice.

Again thanks a lot

I would droup Improved Defensive Stance or StoneSkin instead.
    http://goo.gl/MZHS82

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    I would droup Improved Defensive Stance or StoneSkin instead.
    http://goo.gl/MZHS82
    Thanks for that mate.

BTW, is there a specific reason why none of these builds have Goad?

Quote Originally Posted by Krixus View Post
    Thanks for that mate.

For me personally, goad is usually out because I only use it after I die. Dying is failure and I don't ever want to plan to fail.

Goad is viable, however. If used correctly (aka burst aggro right after using it) you will cause little to no harm. I'd just rather spend a point on something I'd use all the time rather than something I use once every 5 raids.

Also, unfeated res is all you need as long as you are aware of fight mechanics.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixus View Post
    Thanks for that mate.

No, that's been just a misclick on my side. 1 Point from Sustained Rage goes to Goad.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast