Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bear Smash Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Believe what you want, but I tested it with max damage sw buff very throughly.

They removed most of the pure modifiers with 1.05, as Im aware you know, but in the case of Spirit they added a working -10% both for magic and melee damage, pvp and pve.
    How do you know this, just by reading what icons say?

Mathieu have you checked dmg debuff % on parser? are you sure about it? is it working in pvp or in pve only?

Can be easyly tested with necromancer. Necro using SW and getting max damage buff. So you just check the numbers in combat log without mani of spirit, with mani of spirit unfeated and mani of spirit feated. That's it.

I said I tested it with max damage SW buff already. I did this some days after taking the tooltip screenshots, just read my post again?

Without Spirit pulse, 5% pulse, 6% pulse and 10% pulse, the results were clear.

This proves the "Magic damage modifier" is working. About the remaining "Damage modifier" I don't think it has to be tested cause tanks have that buff all the time when they are in defence, and only this one, not the "Magic damage modifier", which really shows in the case of DTs...

But I could test that too, either by physical dot (which is in a greyzone, as it's accounted for as psuedo magic damage) probably I will put on as much gear as possible, then use the broken oar weapon and do some avg dmg over some time spamming whitehits.

Lol I don't think you understood what I meant. You don't even need to do any complicated work that will add even more confounding factors and errors. In fact the less used would be better. But w/e you're findings for some reason differ from mine. For pve I'm not sure how you can use mortal affliction to test whether 1 point in spirit has the same debuff as 3 points in a raid, in multiple replications, while having statistical test analysis to back it up. It can't.

MA is % based spell. It cant be reduced by protection or armor and spirit debuff aswell. Somebody needs l2p before posting bulls*it on forums.

I forgot they changed MA to % damage, but still I think pure modifier will change even % based damage, but I may be mistaking it with frenzystance. Cause Kandur, if it can't be changed by anything, why do soldiers take double damage in frenzy from it?

Mathie, what were your findings then? Ok forget MA, what about Nauseating Backlash from Archlector, maybe that spell has static damage, non % based. If my memory isn't broken.

Lol. There is nothing complicated or confusing about actually testing things.
    You don't test difference between 6% debuff and 10% debuff, it's already established the points are working, but for raidbosses I would only test without debuff and 10% debuff, and it would be enough. To make the results clear.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 9th October 2013 at 10:18.

I dont realy know does mani of spirit debuff works on PvE or doesn't, atm I care only PvP, and it works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandur View Post
    I dont realy know does mani of spirit debuff works on PvE or doesn't, atm I care only PvP, and it works very well.
    Debuff is applied to PvE bosses (at least, I've never seen a boss to which debuff doesn't get applied).
    Anyway I've never tested it properly, to check if numbers correspond to debuff text (-5/8/10% damage reduction, both physical and magical).

I know, to trust to texts in this game is not a good idea, but I'm assuming it actually works as expected in both PvP and PvE.

And assuming it works, Ursine Spirit is actually both a great PvP qnd PvE feat imo.
    Last edited by Calore; 10th October 2013 at 22:05.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast