Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bear Smash Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    what do you think about balance of nature? is it must have at least 1 point feat or just skip it and better to put as many points as possible in Endurance of bear? pvp purposes only.
    One point in BoN is not really big bonus, but five points grant pretty nice energy regen (you can sprint way longer than without).

Endurance of bear... well, 5 points give 130 natural health regen which is 32,5 hps in combat. Do you need it? Well, I believe you don't, but it all depends on your personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    One point in BoN is not really big bonus, but five points grant pretty nice energy regen (you can sprint way longer than without).
    I thought the energy regen from BoN was the same regardless of the number of points. I'll have to recheck it on my little bear
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    I thought the energy regen from BoN was the same regardless of the number of points. I'll have to recheck it on my little bear
    It ain't. I believe you're thinking of old bug that was fixed.

However, in terms of debug, 1 point in ursine spirit are same as 3.

As to Endurance of the Bear, it depends on your playstyle. If you stay alive a lot then it is quite useful. It also depends on what kind of build you're using. Most of the time though you don't have the points to spend there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    It ain't. I believe you're thinking of old bug that was fixed.

As to Endurance of the Bear, it depends on your playstyle. If you stay alive a lot then it is quite useful. It also depends on what kind of build you're using. Most of the time though you don't have the points to spend there.
    Hmmm are you saying that cause of a debug 1 point in endurance of the bear is same as 5?
    and 1 point in ursine spirit is same as 3?
    if so how? can you be so sure of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Some proof for this one please.

To me it seems to be working very well. Personally I percieve Spirit pulse to be very strong when feated.

3 points 10%
    1 point 6%

http://tinypic.com/r/xc1xjr/5

I didn't do any thorough tests on this one, so I may be wrong, it could very well be broken. Will test this once and for all when I have the time.

Tested it now, and it's working 100% according to tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Tested it now, and it's working 100% according to tooltip
    players only or raid/epic mobs as well?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Tested in PvP.

In PvE I know already it's working, I've seen the effects of it first hand since Manifestations were added to the game.

Cause some buffs like the assassins Atrophy and DT's Drain Strength simply won't be applied to raidbosses, but the bears Spirit pulse is applied.

If you want to test it, Mortal Affliction is one spell static damage you can see it for yourself.

I'm sure we've all played long enough to know that even when aoc's tool tip says it's working, it may not be. Just b/c it says -10% dmg mod doesn't mean it's actually the case in effect. In fact after the first point for ursine spirit, the decrease in dmg in pvp is the same, even when the tooltip for the debuff on your opponent says so.

Believe what you want, but I tested it with max damage sw buff very throughly.

They removed most of the pure modifiers with 1.05, as Im aware you know, but in the case of Spirit they added a working -10% both for magic and melee damage, pvp and pve.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast