Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Smash Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    I mostly run without any "mana feat", but it's not so hard to run out of mana after revamp.
    I understand Yawgmoth concerns.
    Mana is not a problem when you get use to drink pots all the time, spam a bittle less blue heal when you are out etc, but sure it is harder to manage then before revamp.
    Before revamp you could almost completely forget about pots (at least in PvE). But it's nothing compared to PoM or demo - they need to run pots all the time, use specific build/skills and preferably have a ToS in party to not run out of mana

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Before revamp you could almost completely forget about pots (at least in PvE). But it's nothing compared to PoM or demo - they need to run pots all the time, use specific build/skills and preferably have a ToS in party to not run out of mana
    actually, it's one more reason to spec (and use) ether theft: to give back some mana to other people in group...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Yes it's true, but it's also subjective.
    For me, mana management is often easier with demo then with BS.
    Demo mana pool with T4 gear is very high.
    Demo can feat mana feats in PvE builds not sacrifying any DPS.
    Demo has some innate or almost innate mana tools (Archfiend pact, Circle of Magic).

BS T4 gear has very low mana (actually just a bit higher than Tiger set).
    BS only innate mana regeneration tool is Mani of Spirit, which actually gives almost non noticeable mana regeneration if not feated.
    BS mana feats requires to sacrifice other useful feats.

Ofc it's a strange comparison, and ofc demo and BS use of mana is totally different, but it's only to say that mana problem on BS is not so strange.
    We can say that on BS we occasionally run out of mana, but it happens.
    Last edited by Calore; 5th April 2013 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    actually, it's one more reason to spec (and use) ether theft: to give back some mana to other people in group...
    "Some" = ~600 per target with a 30s cooldown. That's like 2-3 free spells per minute. No one will notice that extra mana while you'll be doing 1,63% less dps and it will **** up your ezmode rotation

"Some" = ~600 per target with a 30s cooldown. That's like 2-3 free spells per minute. No one will notice that extra mana
    ok, it may not be the best tool to regen mana, but still it has its use...

let's use some math:
    - a mana pot gives 150 + 150 * 30 = 4650 mana in 1 minute
    - in the same time, you can use et twice, which is more or less 1200 mana
    of course, we can say that it's not so relevant, but there is a difference: the mana given by the pot is spread over time, while the one from et is given in 2 large bursts... and sometimes the second option is better...

it's like the difference between blue heal and big heal: the blue one heals more, but sometimes the big one is also needed...

while you'll be doing 1,63% less dps
    where does this number come from??

and it will **** up your ezmode rotation
    i don't have a fixed static rotation, but i like to adapt it to the circumnstances...
    but of course you are a mouse clicker & keyboard turner...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Honestly, who cares. You're the least useful of the three healers in pve. If you're doing 1k+ dps while keeping everyone healed, and use a spec that manages mana for the level of gear you have, then it's all good.

"Some" = ~600 per target with a 30s cooldown. That's like 2-3 free spells per minute. No one will notice that extra mana while you'll be doing 1,63% less dps and it will **** up your ezmode rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Yes it's true, but it's also subjective.
    Demo mana pool with T4 gear is very high.
    Do we need high mana pool? 4k is enough to cast almost all of our spells "at once" and we cast spells only every 10-15s. Spell bursts (especially with CG) are very rare, pots are enough to make the mana flow positive. Extra tools are there to cover mistakes/laziness/draining.

Pure casters are a completely different case - they burn hundreds of mana each second and potions cover very small fraction of this. In longer runs, even the mana regen feats/skills will still keep the flow negative and high mana pool is there to postpone the inevitable.

ok, it may not be the best tool to regen mana, but still it has its use...
    Everything has it's use - so what?

where does this number come from??
    That wink at the end of the sentence is there for a reason

I don't use ET because it has insignificantly (considering it's cooldown) lower dps (but still lower!) and it makes gameplay 2,31% more complex (another number straight for my ass ).

Those 3 points aren't critical and you can put them in ET, MoS upgrades or NHR if you feel like it - it won't make or break anything. I just wanted to post some stuff on the forums - it's kinda boring today

Everything has it's use - so what?
    so, if it has its use, i prefere to have it...

That wink at the end of the sentence is there for a reason
    LOL

I don't use ET because it has insignificantly (considering it's cooldown) lower dps (but still lower!) and it makes gameplay 2,31% more complex (another number straight for my ass ).
    you're starting to pull too many things out of your ass, it's getting souspicious...
    btw, bs is fun just becouse it's complex!!

Those 3 points aren't critical and you can put them in ET, MoS upgrades or NHR if you feel like it - it won't make or break anything.
    that's what i also said, it's mostly a matter of play style...
    i like to have it, others may prefere something else, in the end what matters is to get the job done....

I just wanted to post some stuff on the forums - it's kinda boring today
    now i see!!
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 5th April 2013 at 11:57.

PvE Build
    http://goo.gl/X5qwq

I don't know why you all have mana problems. My BS is literally in green gear and the only time I EVER run out of mana is if I run out of pots. Blood Flow every 10-12 seconds, Mani's constantly up and no mana problems.

PvP Build
    http://goo.gl/IXLuk

Basically your run of the mill IH PvP spec. Pretty decent survivability, considering how terrible my gear is.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast