Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Smash Guide

Quote Originally Posted by llathander View Post
    I do it just fine and im a clicker. The only thing I use the keyboard for are (other than the obvious stuff) directional attacks and heals...I wish I knew how to increase the size of the cursor and change its color..I lose the mouse a lot and am forced to hit keys.

I think you can change cursor with custom UIs. dont know exactly how but it is possible.

I do it just fine and im a clicker. The only thing I use the keyboard for are (other than the obvious stuff) directional attacks and heals...I wish I knew how to increase the size of the cursor and change its color..I lose the mouse a lot and am forced to hit keys.
    In PvP you need at least main combos binded, as Noite said.
    You can get used to just click of course, but it's not good to get used to controls that are less efficient.

In PvE you need to "circle-strafe" just to hit unshielded side of a mob / boss which moves much less than a PvP opponent, so clicking could still work.
    But better switch to keybinds as soon as possible: they make huge difference on every class, casters includes (or even more.. think about demo insta casts), and in PvE too.
    Last edited by Calore; 4th April 2013 at 10:00.

I was messing around with my shaman the other day in the solo dungeon in Kara Korum and I noticed that my mana regen sucked. I haven't played my bear since the revamp so this surprised me. I used this build.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v3_11d3...b0263b0ec3b7f4

I know the basics like only use your blue every 12 sec to keep damage bonus up, etc.... I just don't remember mana ever being an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

after the mini-revamp, mana can be an issue, that's why i spec ether theft (3 points)... others prefere ursine spirit... i guess it depends on taste and playing style...

btw that's the build i use: link...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I don't use ET or US - no mana problems at all, even when tanking Nauseating Backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    after the mini-revamp, mana can be an issue, that's why i spec ether theft (3 points)... others prefere ursine spirit... i guess it depends on taste and playing style...

btw that's the build i use: link...
    umm...how is mana an issue

umm...how is mana an issue
    mana can be an issue if you're out of it....
    (wondering if you're jocking, or just plain trolling... )

i'm not saying that it happens often, quite the opposite, but it can happen, and in those cases, some ways to get it back fast are helpful...
    moreover, ether theft also drains mana, so it's useful on louhi too...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    mana can be an issue if you're out of it....
    (wondering if you're jocking, or just plain trolling... )
    If it's hard to run out of mana, then it's hard to imagine how this can be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    If it's hard to run out of mana, then it's hard to imagine how this can be an issue
    I mostly run without any "mana feat", but it's not so hard to run out of mana after revamp.
    I understand Yawgmoth concerns.
    Mana is not a problem when you get use to drink pots all the time, spam a bittle less blue heal when you are out etc, but sure it is harder to manage then before revamp.

yup, it doesn't happen often, but there are some situations when it happens to run out of mana. the 1st one that comes into my mind (except the obvious example of coppice) is den, 'cos on the little bird melee dps tend to move in strange ways, so to keep them all alive, sometimes i have to cast a lot more blue heals than i normally do, and it can deplete my mana pool quite fast, especially if the tank also needs some extra aa heals to stay alive...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast