Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bear Smash Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    I forgot they changed MA to % damage, but still I think pure modifier will change even % based damage, but I may be mistaking it with frenzystance. Cause Kandur, if it can't be changed by anything, why do soldiers take double damage in frenzy from it?

Mathie, what were your findings then? Ok forget MA, what about Nauseating Backlash from Archlector, maybe that spell has static damage, non % based. If my memory isn't broken.

Lol. There is nothing complicated or confusing about actually testing things.
    You don't test difference between 6% debuff and 10% debuff, it's already established the points are working, but for raidbosses I would only test without debuff and 10% debuff, and it would be enough. To make the results clear.
    LOL the whole point is that one point = three points. You haven't established how it's working, other than saying it is, especially when you've done the test, and from what you described, containing a lot of confounding variables that will skew your results.

I never said spirit wasn't working, rather after the first point the second and third are bugged. I've tested every single point of bs feat meticulously without bias and with repetition. I was just talking aloud in relation to old bug someone else was referring to.

But the thing is I'm a big believer in the scientific method and statistical testing. So when you just say you test it this way or that way, and things aren't complicated it makes me believe you really don't know how to test thing to fully reject or accept your null hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    But the thing is I'm a big believer in the scientific method and statistical testing. So when you just say you test it this way or that way, and things aren't complicated it makes me believe you really don't know how to test thing to fully reject or accept your null hypothesis.
    Considering you never accept the null hypothesis I'm not sure you are entirely up to speed on it either.

This is very easy to test for non-raid bosses, go get any class that deals a fixed amount of damage from a proc or bleed (ie: Conq GODS or bloodbath) and then go to an arena for 20 seconds.

For a raid or khitai boss where a lot of -damage debuffs don't work it might be a little more troublesome, however I would expect that as the buff appears and is not resisted (as is the case of the debuffs that don't work) it would function the same.

I duno what you mean since I've had my own, diff from his, and have done these bleed and tick tests in kesh on tl and in arenas.

As i have some interest in the bear shaman i decided to check out this claims about the spell and the feats, so i tested in pvp, pve and raid. Any all i could find was that it is working as intended, i recorded the methods and evidence on video and you can see it here:

http://youtu.be/5EV3ec9hzNw
    I am Stian ingame...

If your ways are so correct mister Mathie, why don't you show us your results?

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    As i have some interest in the bear shaman i decided to check out this claims about the spell and the feats, so i tested in pvp, pve and raid. Any all i could find was that it is working as intended, i recorded the methods and evidence on video and you can see it here:

http://youtu.be/5EV3ec9hzNw
    Well this ends the discussion then. Glad I didn't waste my points in it for my pve spec
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Yeah that video looks fine, still a bunch of confounding variables but it has changed my mind.

What I was talking about previously, just in general when you get varied numbers as you normally do, and with averages, how to tell the diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    If your ways are so correct mister Mathie, why don't you show us your results?
    I did the tests during and after the revamps. I didn't do it just this week and publish the results. I just made a comment in regard to an old bug someone else was talking about. If I have to present the findings I have to take time to do it again.

I did the tests on tl after 1.05.5, then after each revamps. I've also reported the issues to fc every time but noticed they took their time. Few bs patches ago that I noted that they fixed the issue and said it on the forums that I was suprised that they did. After last big patch I saw the issue again. I just assumed that they haven't fixed it yet.

Hi there fellow Shammies.

Two questions

1. Do combosteps that go downright or downleft do unshielded damage?
    2. Have anyone tested +10 penetration rating from slaughter?

Down-left attacks hit the left side shield, as down-right attacks hit the right side shield. If you want them to hit unshielded sides, you have to stand on the same side of the target as you would for upper-left/right attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    Hi there fellow Shammies.

Two questions

1. Do combosteps that go downright or downleft do unshielded damage?
    2. Have anyone tested +10 penetration rating from slaughter?
    1. Nope, they can though, it's as Otar said.
    2. Yes, and unfortunately you can only penetrate the double and triple shields, so in regard to the +10 penetration rating it has some very big limits to it. About penetration rating you can read here:
    http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=189860

As for Slaugther the Armor Penetration is the biggest deal, and currently Im experimenting with it in PvE. It seems to depend on the mob you're facing.
    Strawman has no armor, so he's not affected. Mobs in Ymir's Pass have no armor left when they're at x5 stacks of torment, so they're not affected by it either if x5 tormented. Mobs in Onyx Chambers are affected, even at x5 stacks, so you need to be up against a mob with more than 4500 armor. It seems mobs can't go into the negatives, however there are mobs in game with enough armor to penetrate through. These are only my mere observations.

It could prove difficult to test properly vs. raidbosses you'd want to use it against, unless... you go in some gimp spec without rampage and no groupbuffs to do the testing without any chance of error.
    Use the Internal Bleed dot to test. Good way for bears to check this out.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast