Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My money has expired?

I think the current model of subscription is excellent. It keeps this game separated from all the others; where CHILDREN who have no money (and/or Mom an Dad don't want to pay the sub) and the free-loaders who refuse to find work are segregated from this game ~ nothing more annoying than a game full of people with entitlement issues

I pay ~ therefore ~ You Pay

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I think the current model of subscription is excellent. It keeps this game separated from all the others; where CHILDREN who have no money (and/or Mom an Dad don't want to pay the sub) and the free-loaders who refuse to find work are segregated from this game ~ nothing more annoying than a game full of people with entitlement issues

You're not getting it. People ARE paying, and people ARE willing to pay. They just want to be able to PLAY the content they have PAYED for. The mentality that just because someone isn't subscribed means they must not be paying is something that needs to go. People that micro-transaction are PAYING CUSTOMERS. The reason AoC went free to play is to make more money. The fact that F2P is not making them money, and the fact that new players are not sticking around to subscribe, is a dead giveaway that things need to change.

Nowhere has it been stated in this that someone has not payed. Yes, he isn't paying a sub fee, but he is still paying for content. I don't mean to sound rude, or get into an argument, but the micro-transactions will be the staple of this games cash flow and overall production, sub players will be the maintained income.

If people don't want to sub, they shouldn't have to, but if people want to buy additional content they should be able to WITHOUT having to pay the addition sub fee.

tl;dr: People want to pay, they just don't want to pay a sub fee. Nowhere is it stated that the OP, or anyone who has posted in here, want the game completely free. They just want what they have purchased.

Rotgs was subscription content before it went F2P.

Rotgs is still subscription content NOW.

You get Gateway to Kithai, free for all.

Problem with it?

I tell you what you are not paying for in AoC F2P:

Numbers of warzones per week
    Vanity appearance tab
    Normal XP gain
    Normal credit gain
    Ability bars
    Hide headslot

you want a funny ripoff F2P model? play SWTOR or a korean grinder, keep your wallet at hand.

F2P should get WAY more restricitve, the amount of free stuff in AoC is mindboggling. I hope for more premium content and tighter F2P restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Meanwhile buff up full premium considerably , faster transport(all premium users get +20% run speed on mounts). Or vanity weapons.
    No way. Everything is overly buffed already. Vanity weapons, as said by the previous Game Director in vague words, are impossible to implement.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I already pay at the time by the expansion ROTGS or crazy would pay again for something I have already in products, account section details.No sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

You speak of entitlement,pot..meet kettle,as your post reeks of it. If a player purchases an expansion pack or a full on expansion they should have access to it (maybe with some restrictions) should their account become F2P. Purchasing a product and then losing use or access to it when you go F2P is a horrible way to do business. It then stops others from bothering to spend any money on the product.

As an aside,I am not a child,I have 2 of my own,I work full time,in the field that I went to university for and make more than enough to purchase and play any game out there. I wanted to give AoC a fair shot,but am not comfortable spending $50 on the game for it's expansions or packs and then be forced to sub in order to make use of the $50 I just spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Manilavanilla View Post
    Rotgs was subscription content before it went F2P.

Rotgs is still subscription content NOW.

You get Gateway to Kithai, free for all.

Problem with it?

I tell you what you are not paying for in AoC F2P:

Numbers of warzones per week
    Vanity appearance tab
    Normal XP gain
    Normal credit gain
    Ability bars
    Hide headslot

you want a funny ripoff F2P model? play SWTOR or a korean grinder, keep your wallet at hand.

F2P should get WAY more restricitve, the amount of free stuff in AoC is mindboggling. I hope for more premium content and tighter F2P restrictions
    :O

Are you serious?!

Red face

Come on...really. rotgs was a subscription expansion release. Not a ftp expansion.so u need to have a paid subscription to play.I'm sure when we all bought access to rotgs it said we need an active subscrition to play.read and pay attention to what u pay for please.btw if aoc didn't go ftp we all would still have a subscription..not trying to get all we could for free..still the best mmo out there, we have all left at one time and came BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by lexior1 View Post
    Come on...really. rotgs was a subscription expansion release. Not a ftp expansion.so u need to have a paid subscription to play.I'm sure when we all bought access to rotgs it said we need an active subscrition to play.read and pay attention to what u pay for please.btw if aoc didn't go ftp we all would still have a subscription..not trying to get all we could for free..still the best mmo out there, we have all left at one time and came BACK.
    The fact that people keep saying people need to sub are the ones actually forcing away paying customers. People want to buy the game, but they don't want to pay rent for it. They want to buy cosmetics, but they don't want to buy them for an account that can do nothing. Forcing people into a sub is not going to make them pay, anymore than having it completely sub based. A daily amount of 400+ steam players US side are logging in, we need to keep them around, and ENTICE them into paying NOT force them. Unless you enjoy playing on dead servers.

This game was on life support with the sub model, with empty servers. Obviously people didn't want to pay a monthly sub for it, and the fact that even with the F2P model they have now there is still not even half the release numbers (as they stated millions bought it) means that it is not working either. Something has to be reworked, and something needs to entice people into buying.

People are not asking for a free game, they are asking to pay for the content they want, without paying rent to enjoy it. Meaning THEY WANT TO PAY. They just don't want to pay a monthly sub. That is why so many games are going f2p, people are more willing to buy a fancy set of new duds for their character, rather than having to actually pay to play the game.

All have not come back to AoC, if this were the case we'd have full servers, heck there would probably be even more servers than we have now because of the vast amount of people that originally purchased the game.

F2p needs to remain as it is, but there needs to be a middle ground for those who want to play the game through micro-transactions. At the same time, subs need more benefits to attract that crowd. A paying customer SHOULD NOT be penalized just because they don't want to pay a monthly subscription.
    Last edited by Tabouli; 17th March 2013 at 23:26.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12