Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Wow, I need to test this ASAP, this could be really useful.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

no problems, I tested it on all of my characters to fix them, and several of my guildies tested it and it works perfectly for them too. Any feedback is welcome.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Funcom should really just get off its butt and actually fix the issue. It is quite simple, as you have already explained. Thanks for the new work-around too, it saves a bit of time

I really applause the smartness of players, and Scaevacas, I will test your fix, but if it works, you've done a very good job and I'm thankful. But I still find it's kind of a shame that Funcom doesn't address the problem, or at least doesn't seems to.

Damn, they tell you that they want improve the everyday functionalities of AoC, making it more comfortable to play, but at the same time, they don't seems to do anything for issues like this, despite the fact that's it's a well-known bug, reported both on the Live and Testlive forums.

Funcom shouldn't rely on the workaround and smartness of the player base, dammit. At least, the should have a better communication. We don't even know if they're still working on the fix or not ! We got a couple post a few month ago like "It's reported and we're working on a fix" and after that, nothing. I wouldn't be so upset if they made sometime statement like "Sorry, still not fixed but it's not a forgotten issue".

Edit : You can clearly see the effect of a patchnote or just by saying what's going on: Patch is messy, everybody whine like hell. Joel make on post or two on it, explaining it was "a code patch to boost performance but hey, **** happens and sorry folks but that's not good right now", and suddenly, everybody cheers and is like "Hey, not that bad, thanks for the rollback and good luck for the code work". We need more patch note
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 9th August 2013 at 15:07.

wtf I'm not getting the bug anymore since last maintenance oO I logout and don't get any error message or so, it just works.

Anyone else?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

yes, most people that have the saving settings bug also have the logout bug (i.e. having to put your password in between changing toons). Once you apply my fix, it fixes both problems, at least until your XML files get too big again.

Then you can just apply the fix again to clean up your XML file when that happens. Alternatively, Funcom could update their saving settings to not collect peoples chat history.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    yes, most people that have the saving settings bug also have the logout bug (i.e. having to put your password in between changing toons). Once you apply my fix, it fixes both problems, at least until your XML files get too big again.

Then you can just apply the fix again to clean up your XML file when that happens. Alternatively, Funcom could update their saving settings to not collect peoples chat history.
    Or Funcom could do the smart thing and save most of that stuff locally on our own computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post

Well I used your fix on all my chars yesterday and it worked. But now I Get the "could not connect to char server" again. and changes to clothes etc. doesn't happen on char selection screen.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 11th August 2013 at 10:14.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I couldn't get the program to work. Does it need to be in the AoC folder?

Quote Originally Posted by JaKay View Post
    I couldn't get the program to work. Does it need to be in the AoC folder?
    For me it runs fine outside the aoc folder.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast