Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Don't be lazy, use the research function. Problem was described several time. Manual fix has been found, like, month ago and consist in deleting a bunch of chat tab and other silly stuff to do once.

Although I indeed think that Funcom should have fixed that by themselve instead of relying on the smartness of some players; solution has been found. Just read a bit the forum, you'll find the exact way to solve it.

i saw the chat option thread, i didnt see other related issues, like video, ui, character screen issues. i'll give it a shot.

Sho nuff i'll add this problem description to the other thread.

just in case any 1 stumbles here first.

if your in game options are NOT saving, for video, ui, character select screen, and chat windows.

solution=create 1 new chat tab, delete all others, then watever changes u make will be saved. make sure u allow the log out screen to tick all the way thru.
    Last edited by althors; 25th April 2013 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by althors View Post
    i saw the chat option thread, i didnt see other related issues, like video, ui, character screen issues. i'll give it a shot.

Sho nuff i'll add this problem description to the other thread.

just in case any 1 stumbles here first.

if your in game options are NOT saving, for video, ui, character select screen, and chat windows.

solution=create 1 new chat tab, delete all others, then watever changes u make will be saved. make sure u allow the log out screen to tick all the way thru.
    Didn't work.
    iGank

OK, once more again to make it easy to undestand for all, even for game developers.

After timed logout, options and other stuff is saved and you are loged out and reloged and brought to character screen.

Thing is, that chat history brokes the save process. Any settings that should be saved after chat history is skipped: character armor; keybindings; UI positions. Even reentering password failes, so you are not reloged.

Anytime you write to chat, chat history is created or updated. (Try chat history using UP arrow, when you have chat window ready to type, to see whats in it). This chat history has to be empty, before you try to logout for save ui and stuff.

So the steps for succesfull logout with save are:
    1 Make everything to appear like you want
    2 Do the silly delete all tabs except one, recreate all deleted, delete last old tab, recreate last tab so you have all tabs new.
    Remember: avoid creating history in new tabs! Dont write to chat tabs!
    3 Do the timed logout

this chat tab saving bug affects following:
    - UI not saving;
    - Keybinds not saving;
    - Character armor not updated in login screen
    - Logout to character selection not working

Seriously, give me game source code, ill check it and ill coment out the 1 stupid line that calls chat history saving.
    Done in 5 minutes, saves nerves for thousand players and milions f.cked logouts in last 2 years.
    5 mins of work, that would save loads of money lost after anoyed ppl left.

If there were no sparks like this one or they were handled in time, you would never need to extinguish fire like u do now with all 3 games.
    Last edited by S4Char1n; 4th May 2013 at 19:32.

Default Save settings eror - REPAIRED

Gratz FUNCOM. Nasty error with saveing settings was just repaired. Good work.

z.

Quote Originally Posted by zetware View Post
    Gratz FUNCOM. Nasty error with saveing settings was just repaired. Good work.

z.
    Anyway is not worth +50-100 mS.
    We will be Serious after death.

the annoying Unable to Connect when changing characters is still there, sadly

Default UI positions not saving

So I am getting sick to death of having to reposition my hotbars and chat window everytime I log on or change toons. Does anyone know why this stupid UI refuses to save my settings?

Also, why are the forums in Dutch and where can I change that?

Good day.
    "On a long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero."

ORDER

Datolite - barb, Zionite - sin, Ekanite - pom, Kianite - dt, Magnesite - guard, Ademite - hox

They programmed the game to not save your settings unless you wait for the 15 seconds to exit and then close out the game.

It'd be nice if they mentioned this on the logout screen because I think every player who's ever played the game has run into the same issue and it's frustrating having to reset your settings over and over again without knowing why

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast