Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    The utility appears to no longer be attached to your post.
    I guess it's a good thing I built it into the tools tab of combatmonitor then. http://combatmonitor.requiemnex.com/...itor023i8c.exe
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    I guess it's a good thing I built it into the tools tab of combatmonitor then. http://combatmonitor.requiemnex.com/...itor023i8c.exe
    You could mention that back on post 40 so people aren't lost and confused

If people are still encountering this problem I'd be wary where I put my chat windows (or any part of the UI, i guess). If you put them too close to the edge of the screen, the UI will never get saved. Give it some space and it should work. Well, at least it has been working for me without any hiccups as of late.

I appreciate your efforts Scaevacas, but your utility didn't seem to help at all for me. Maybe it's because I'm using a Custom UI (Strange UI) or I'm doing something wrong. Coming back after a 4 year absence, this bug to me is almost game breaking and I can't believe its been around this long.

Edit 1:

Well, it sort of works. I tried to get it to work for several hours last night, made this post a few minutes ago. Tried again, and it saved some things. Then tried again, didn't do anything. Tried yet again 2 more times, and on the last try it saved my settings. Not sure what it is that I'm doing differently, pretty sure I am doing the same exact routine every attempt. Guess I'll just have to be really stubborn with it whenever I want to make a change to something.
    Last edited by Multigun; 21st October 2015 at 22:51.

I don't remember who told me this, but it works for me every time. If I want to save settings on a character, I make the changes, log out (waiting the 15 seconds), click on "Back", enter the password again, and - voila - settings are saved. No need to use any programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I don't remember who told me this, but it works for me every time. If I want to save settings on a character, I make the changes, log out (waiting the 15 seconds), click on "Back", enter the password again, and - voila - settings are saved. No need to use any programs.
    Thank you, thank you!! That worked.

I just started back from a 3 yr hiatus and it still amazes me how buggy this game still is. Love the game play, but damn... they still can't get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautius View Post
    Thank you, thank you!! That worked.

I just started back from a 3 yr hiatus and it still amazes me how buggy this game still is. Love the game play, but damn... they still can't get their act together.
    In case you don't know: There are like 3 people working on this game (programmers) since many years...

I just logged back to the game after 2 or 3 years out of nostalgy and maybe curiosity and BAM, could not save my setting and nothing, absolutely nothing worked for me. Neither the Fix patch from this thread, neither /camp logout process etc. I was desperate. Then one thing worked for me (tested it twice so far). I changed my controls and then I let the game be until it logs out due to inactivity. And suddently this made my controls save. Yeah, not a very flexible way but I thought I should mention it here as someone might be desperate as well as me.

After spending hours of troubleshooting to get my UI to save, I found if you go into an instance (ie. Black Castle) and make your changes then logout (15 sec countdown) and log back in my settings were finally saved. What a headache! Hope this works for people having a hard time with what should be a simple procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by SmegmaDong View Post
    After spending hours of troubleshooting to get my UI to save, I found if you go into an instance (ie. Black Castle) and make your changes then logout (15 sec countdown) and log back in my settings were finally saved. What a headache! Hope this works for people having a hard time with what should be a simple procedure.
    I've been told killing a boss inside Bubshur House and then logging out is guaranteed fix also.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast