Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Default Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

so, what is the ETA on the fix for this problem? and I mean a fix, not some workaround that does work when there´s the right constelation of the sun with the planets and involves deleting every single chat tab on every single char only to start from square one and recreate them all back

this issue is around for AGES and yet no one from FC ever bothered to write a word in that topic

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=177640
    Last edited by Arishanya; 8th August 2013 at 23:51.

If anyone is using the "fix" .. make sure you do not delete "General" tab, or you can't get it back (or I haven't found a way).

Delete all tabs, create a new one and delete that one, leaving General untouched.

All they needed to do to get a clue how to fix it, would be reading the descriptions and workarounds...then level one toon up. THere is a certain point from which onward this issue appears.

This should be a high priority issue, since imo it is very annoying, very disturbing (securitywise) and can be gamebreaking (if you follow the workaround too closely or change guilds). And it happens whenever you log on whatever char you play...so definitely NOT a minor issue you can wash away with whatever workaround (which btw never worked for me).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th March 2013 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    All they needed to do to get a clue how to fix it, would be reading the descriptions and workarounds...then level one toon up. THere is a certain point from which onward this issue appears.

This should be a high priority issue, since imo it is very annoying, very disturbing (securitywise) and can be gamebreaking (if you follow the workaround too closely or change guilds). And it happens whenever you log on whatever char you play...so definitely NOT a minor issue you can wash away with whatever workaround (which btw never worked for me).
    yes, I moved to another guild about a week ago and since then I have to subscribe to the new guild channel every single effing time I log on half of my chars.. almost 5 years since release, but when it comes to technical issues, this game is still somewhere in open beta phase, when I started to play it..

I am having the same problem with talking in guild chat. I switched guilds and now there are two in the list. I always have to check off the other one to be able to talk.

My friend is having the issue with settings not staying.

I'm surprised they never fixed this after this many years. O.o

for the eleventh time, delete all your chat tabs, create a new one and delete the last old one as well...

and general tab? make a custom, name it general, put the **** you want in it /facepalm

after all this time waiting for FC to make a fix? your delirious.

Quote Originally Posted by bjedne View Post

and general tab? make a custom, name it general..
    Better not to delete General tab at all. Unless you really want to mess about adding everything that is in it.

that bug show up, as i recall, with the update 4.0, so funcom start looking at what you made on that patch that messed up things on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Better not to delete General tab at all. Unless you really want to mess about adding everything that is in it.
    the general tab has the default stuff in it, you can delete it and make a custom one with no problem...
    you can delete all tabs with no problem, but at least one must be present because the game won't even let you delete that, so its mandatory to have at least one tab on screen, no matter to what is subscribed...
    i have no general tab, have a custom one that says for example, "system" with stuff like quest updates, system messages, on-screen messages, etc

Default options will not save

everytime i login, previuosly set options for everything will not save. this includes character portrait in character select screen, it appears my toons are still wearing same gear for the last 6 months. all video, chat, ui options always revert to what they were at time of loggin. it seems there was a time maybe in december where all options were then set permanently. any 1 have any ideas. also for any funcom staff who mite read this ive canceled my annually recurring sub. i will no longer support such a poorly maintained product.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast