Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Quote Originally Posted by logun67 View Post
    The fixes listed here did not correct the interface settings not saving for me. Tried them all numerous times. I have to move timer bars. turn off tutorials, move energy bar, and enable targets target every time I log in. I know there are not a lot of resources devoted to this game anymore but god would it be nice to have this bug finally fixed.
    Yeah, for some reasons, sometime it seems nothing works.

This fix have worked numerous time for me but for one recent toon, nothing works. Fix doesn't work, old manual way (Deleting chat tab and renew them) doesn't work either. Very strange, even more so it only happens on one reroll.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Yeah, for some reasons, sometime it seems nothing works.

This fix have worked numerous time for me but for one recent toon, nothing works. Fix doesn't work, old manual way (Deleting chat tab and renew them) doesn't work either. Very strange, even more so it only happens on one reroll.
    Yeah I have noticed that too. Some of my toons seem fine and some I have o move stuff. Tried and tried for about 2 hours last night but no luck

Well. I found a way to always get my settings saved. do your settings and get yourself bound to any instance, like kill a boss in Forgotten City and relog. This has worked everytime I tried and It worked for a couple of friends also.

I suspect It works for any kind of instance (6 man, raid or solo).
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Would this issue be one that would be fixed if I reinstalled the game?

Quote Originally Posted by xdcx114 View Post
    Would this issue be one that would be fixed if I reinstalled the game?
    Less likely.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Default Settings not saving

This is still a huge issue and I would like to bring it to the forefront of funcoms attention. The issue of settings not saving after log out or game exit

It is becoming a nuisance. I realize it has something to do with storing our settings on the server but it would be so much better if we could just store them locally. Can we please addrerss this bug soon?

I do realize there is a method to make it work by removing all chat windows blah blah but even that doesnt work 100% of the time.

Im begging you funcom fix the bugs!

For anyone who has this issue there is a workaround that does work but its stupid to have to do this

Workaround Here
    Last edited by Spreadicus; 12th April 2015 at 19:28.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    This is for players that have problems with their settings being saved.

I wrote a utility that fixes that Funcom character settings XML files that don't get uploaded properly.

The old method that you use to manually fix this (deleting all your chat tabs one by one) is no longer needed. This utility won't mess up your chat tabs or any other preferences.

The problem with the Funcom Windows.xml file is that it keeps a small history of each chat tab (which also gets sent to Funcom). As players type more and more into the various chat windows, the XML gets too big to get stored on Funcoms servers. This removes the users chat history from the settings files so that they are small enough to be saved once again, and prevent AgeOfConan from overwriting it with their version of it temporarily while it has been cleaned.

To use it,
    • start the AOC Settings Save Fix utility, and
    • before logging into the game world (from character select screen is fine) press the BEGIN button, and YES to confirm that you're not logged in yet
    • Log into your character, and when you're able to look around in game, press the STEP 2 button
    • Adjust your bars/windows/settings however you like
    • log out - make sure you let the logout timer countdown all the way down without pressing the exit button - and you've fixed one of your characters!

The utility is attached to this post.
    Found the solution Here

I will note that when i followed his directions to the letter it did not work right however when i made changes to my char then logged out to character select, i then clicked the begin button on his program, then i logged in and the settings were in place, I had to then close the game completely without going through step 2 or 3 of his program otherwise it just reset my settings again.

Still tho funcom you need to fix this annoying bug. People should not have to do elaborate work arounds to save settings
    Last edited by Spreadicus; 12th April 2015 at 22:12.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Well. I found a way to always get my settings saved. do your settings and get yourself bound to any instance, like kill a boss in Forgotten City and relog. This has worked everytime I tried and It worked for a couple of friends also.

I suspect It works for any kind of instance (6 man, raid or solo).

Thank you!

This works fine for me. Port to Khopshef, enter Bubshur House, change settings, save them, logout with /camp.
    Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen, aber schon sehr viele vom Barhocker.

Thumbs up thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    I will note that when i followed his directions to the letter it did not work right however when i made changes to my char then logged out to character select, i then clicked the begin button on his program, then i logged in and the settings were in place, I had to then close the game completely without going through step 2 or 3 of his program otherwise it just reset my settings again.
    This utility didn't work for me either, but with your steps I was able to save my settings finally.
    Thanks mate!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast