Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: -=Suggestion Thread=-

[PVE] Group finder / Raid finder! Awesome feature in WOW and I have been told it's in DC Universe as well. Sign-up, healer, tank, DPS... done! It works so well! [LFG] Sanctum... crickets -_- (include an AA check box. For example: Assassin signs up for a Godslayer RoF, they also check FH or not perhaps?)

[PVE] Content! More quests, an expansion would be nice. Dailies? I've been doing Khitai faction quests as dailies, but it's played to death, need some new solo PVE content; and challenging at that! Story, chain quests, maybe something to solve?

[PVE] Update quests to reflect the current state of the game. In looking for unplayed content I did the guild renown stuff. While I found the quest, Howls in the Wind, fun for the hour it took, I dropped it once I was asked to shell out 200 gold! Hmm, the one in the store comes with armor?

[PVE] Maybe consider making old world content group quests solo. WoW also did this to get more playability out of existing content, I think it came with the Lich King Exp. Point is group area quests pretty much Thunder River and maybe even Kheshatta, everything thing those level and below should be evaluated and changed to solo play. Content and quests is what interests me, grinding rares... nope.

[PVE] Places to explore! Stuff to find without an NPC putting an X on the map. Like Xan's Bounty on White Sands.

[PVE] Ability to active low level quest exclamation marks!!! Finding NPCs which have quests I missed during leveling is not what I mean by exploring and finding stuff! Granted it entails much of what's available, so I do it anyway.

[Crafting] More professions! Even if it's just fun stuff without end game in mind, WoW's Archaeology springs to mind. Seriously, from an MMO view that game has so much to offer even after, or once, you've hit end game raids.

[PVP] Since I'm on the WoW thing (sorry), Alterac Valley! Raid PvP, outside of a siege. I've spent entire weekends playing AV.

[Items/Interface] Vanity gear... It's really nice to have tones of options to dress up a toon, but all that takes space (another major issue in AoC, although I hear there might be more room on the horizon). Anyway, it would be cool if vanity gear was setup like TSW, no inventory space just a menu system -IE a wardrobe. So in game, perhaps we could have an option to add something to vanity; the useful armament would be removed from your inventory and that would unlock the vanity garment in the wardrobe menu.

Default New Quests

Quests: Why not include user defined quests? It might be a reward too for higher level characters to have a new game option such as generating new quests or new quest download options. This could well generate more interest. It is the sort of thing seen in some games already such as infamous. If it was done in new lands similar to the resource lands or new instances or as optional DL content to install user defined quests, it might work nicely. Players could vote on what quests are most desired or interesting. Players could have options of types of enemies, area to find quests, rewards received, levels recommended, or so on. The quests could be pve or pvp oriented.

Thumbs up Please *cat eyes*

[Misc] Need an item in the item shop that allows us to create our next character directly at level 50.

Smile

[PvE]
    After playing this game for a while, I now think that for player collision it would work best if you didn't prevent movement entirely but instead slowed colliders down still allowing the bodies to pass through each other. This encourages people not to collide when travelling past each other but ends the silliness such as me galloping on horseback at full speed and suddenly coming to a halt because my path crossed a mouse or a rabbit.

[PvE]
    When a player resurrects, allow the option to rez right where the body is located with a limited time in a "ghostly form" to move away from mobs before causing agro. Maybe this could only be used once per day or require tithing 5 silver at a temple in a major city each time to reset your at-corpse-resurrection status.

[Interface]
    Make it so I can put a link in my chat window by shift-clicking a piece of armor I am wearing or an item in my bag or a link which someone else has already put into chat or an item listed on the Trader. That will allow me to do things like ask a question in NPH regarding a weapon that someone linked in my guild chat or to ask a question in Global about an item I see listed on the Trader.

[Interface]
    Make a way to link a quest into chat, preferably by shift-clicking the title in the quest log.

[Interface]
    Could you make it so I can view Inventory and Attributes at the same time so that I can try on different pieces of gear and see the changes to my numbers?

[Interface]
    Enable Target Autofacing under Interface Options works most of the time on my melee character but not on my PoM. Casting a spell should turn my character toward its target just like swinging a sword does. Also make Target Autofacing enabled the default. I just checked, autofacing does not work on a ranger either. It seems to work for melee only but not for ranged dps.

[PvE]
    If you are on horseback, maybe on autorun, and are crossing into Kara Korum then if you don't click Yes that you would like to cross into Kara Korum quick enough it will stop you in your tracks but also make the dialog prompt that pops up go away so that you can't click Yes. Just make it so that the Yes button stays on your screen even after you have hit the invisible fence and are stopped in your tracks.

[PvE]
    Quick dismount makes you dismount randomly either from the right side of the horse or the left. It should be from the left only. It is a historical fact due to most people being right handed and therefore the scabbard hangs to your left side and would get tangled when trying to mount or dismount a horse from its right side. And since many horses get spooked if you do things they aren't used to and most horses get ridden by more than one person, even left handers usually ended up following that convention.

[PvE]
    When doing the Duty of the Legion faction rep daily for the Last Legion, if a friendly NPC runs up as I'm fighting an enemy and hits my target, I usually don't get credit for the kill. I don't know if it is based on the killing blow or what, but please make it so that if I do a significant amount of the damage then I get credit.

[PvE]
    When picking up the quest called Manhunt in Kara Korum, the Last Legion Deserter says, 'Than say what you have come to say...'. Correct the spelling so that it says, 'Then say what you have come to say'.

[Interface]
    I think it would be helpful to have a way that I could sort by or show only quests with faction rep as the reward. If I only have an hour to play and I am trying to get to rank 4 rep with some faction, then I would like to only see quests that award rep so I can stay focused on my long term goal.

[Interface]
    When I open the faction rep screen by pressing L, make the checkboxes for Friendly, Neutral, and Hostile sticky so that they stay the same way I last set them. The settings should survive a reload.

[Interface]
    Make it so that I can set the location on the Trader buy tab to, say, Belt and then search without having to specify a particular type of armor. Then all belts would be returned in the search. By checking the Usable Items Only box I would be able to see all cloth, light, and medium belts at or below level 20 on my level 20 ranger.

[Interface]
    In the same vein as my last suggestion, you have an advanced search option on the Trader buy tab to search by Seller Name but I can't see everything that seller has put up for sale because I am forced to choose an Item Type. Don't force us to select an Item Type. I want to see all items that seller has up for sale.

[Interface]
    A related change you might consider is to make it so that all armor types are consolidated under an Item Type called Armor but when the mouse hovers over Armor on the drop down menu then we get a fly-out menu to the right with the subcategories. Then we could select either the entire Armor category or the subcategory of our choosing. Do the same for weapons and MH/OH equippable items, gems (by color), consumables, potions, and tradeskill resources (by trade). Make options on those menus large enough to be easily selected at all resolutions.

[Interface]
    Make it so that when I go into Advanced options on the Trader buy tab the default level range tops out at my current level. I would also prefer for the bottom of the range to default to either level 1 or my current level minus ten, whichever is higher. This would make it easier to search for items near my level without having to constantly go in and set those options. Or just have a button labeled 'Near' that would set the levels this way.

[Interface]
    When I zoom all the way in on my ranger, I see a crosshair symbol. Is that really necessary? Is that an artifact from the beta version of AoC? Was it intended originally to be an FPS? Please get rid of the crosshairs.

[Interface]
    I would love a way to easily zoom in to view through my characters eyes and I would be tempted to keep that as my point of view for much of the time except that when I do zoom in it takes me to a lower elevation and much of what I see in the 3rd person view cannot be seen. My suggestion is to make the 1st person view slightly above head level just as the 3rd person is and that if I continue to scroll _in_ after the character has gone invisible then the PoV actually pans _back_ a little to give me a wider field of vision while still keeping my character's body transparent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
    Last edited by Kromwithak; 24th November 2013 at 23:14.

Default A few basic suggetions

1. While the graphics are pretty good, they are starting to feel a tiny bit dated and may need a slight update or improvement soon. A couple years ago, it blew away WOW graphics but then WOW updated their graphics and maybe catching up or ahead of AOC now, but I do not play WOW, I was just noting it had a major graphics update but I have not seen one likewise from AOC at least since before the WOW one when I tried it out and saw that before the update, AOC was better.

2. Allow users to select which characters to keep, if or when switching to and from premium accounts. Their is nothing more frustrating then spending a lot of time on a character you love and intend to keep only to have it blocked out and maybe you want to keep the others that are ghosted but want to play your favorite 2 characters primarily until or when you decide to return to premium status.

3. It would be nice to be able to select how many of something you have many of to deposit into a guild bank for example to contribute but not contribute all of one batch of items or to trade or give something to someone.

4. Sometime, it would be interesting to see more classes and races options as according to information, there is a great deal more variety in the world of Conan.

5. While some free players may not be able to build a city, it would be pretty neat to perhaps see a compromise say a village with no hub like constructions possible or even just a house. Kingdom Heroes and Dynasty Warriors had such an option even for free players so it must be possible to some extent. Not that I agree per say free players need or should get extra goodies, however, if the customers want it, it might be something to look at, even if Funcom charges one time fees like they do for extra slots, it might be nice to offer.

6. While I am not per say for or against major adult content, from what I have read, more was either expected or perhaps suggested or even promised, but even if it were not, the weird shadow panties where the lower parts should be is pretty weird. This game is not intended for children anyway since there is some nudity and certainly more explicit suggestions and content relating to slaves, nudity, and violence. So why is there an issue not to have more nudity or more extracurricular activity? It should only matter if it were marketed or intended for younger audiences which it is not. That is the parent's responsibility to make sure children do not access it. There are many more and easier ways to access adult content than a game like AOC.

7. PVP - I may not be a mega fan for this or particularly against it, however, there are easier ways to include more of it for those who wish to participate in such things such as offering a challenge and allowing said player to accept or auto accept challenges like other games have done in the past.

8. It would be nice to have more craft jobs in addition to the upcoming tradecraft revamp coming. I do not know if more craft jobs are included since details at this point are not all inclusive but I do know more recipes and item combinations are in the works. Such jobs might be: (Baker - to make food boost items, tailor - to make vanity clothing options, Magic Smith - to make items such as talismans, Cartographer - to make maps that might have short cuts or clues or paths to better gear or treasures, Merchant - who could perhaps learn to make better deals to sell things for higher prices or buy them for cheaper from other merchants even traders since they could get discounts on say the fees associated with it without detracting from other player's profits). These are just a few workable suggestions though if there is interest, I could probably come up with a few more.

1.allow Vanity and pets in any zone/instance
    2.Change the minigame qeue to allow US to create games and let others join. go to match making and create a certain game map, game type (capture the flag, team death match, free for all, zone control) set max players 6,12,18,24. change it to more like a FPS match making system
    3.Change crafting to start a level 1 instead of 40 or 20
    4.create a dungeon finder qeue system or be able to craft teleport scrolls or make them 2 silver to buy from venders.
    5.make this game entirely F2P or change subscription from $15 to $5 a month
    6.totally abolish cool-downs from dungeons/zones
    7.create a option to right click on player name and send duel invite
    8.create an in game vent- lots of mmo's have turn to this, maybe include a webcam option small square next to players name in group
    9.abolish BOE and BOP everything should be reusable and tradeable. pvp armor would still require a pvp level
    10.change the stat potions and foods to last through death
    11.get rid of quick dismount cooldown
    12.get rid of path of asura cooldowns and city teleport cooldowns
    13.create an updated DMC zone for powerleveling faster or permanently increase exp gain by 500% to get more players to 80 faster
    14. lower magic damge in all forms fire, eletrical, cold, etc. it's entirely way to overpowering both in pve and especially pvp minigames so people don't get one shotted by necros flesh to worms and mages aren't always top leaderboards.
    15. Allow any race to play any class
    16. be able to save interface options and be able to save graphical options
    17. generally lower all cost of silver in game I.E.; traveling to khitai for 17 silver is un acceptable and paying 1 gold for a measly health potion is too expensive (most players only have 1-4 gold on them at max at all times
    18. totally increase AA gain %1000 and abolish mastery and prowess just have expertise so people who don't pvp don't get swindled
    Last edited by RabbitHole; 28th November 2013 at 16:52.

Default Suggestions

Here are my thoughts:

The world needs expanding in areas covered by the source material. For example, Turan, which is the site of several stories both from R.E. Howard and the later pastiches is woefully underdeveloped. It would be great fun to travel to Shadihazar the Wicked.
    Likewise, in this vein, it would be nice to have Nemedia and Zamora developed in the future, rather than continue to push into areas south of Stygia.

[Forums] Have a mod/admin/communication staff guy/whoever making the official thread for the Game directors letter of the month on time for the english general forums.

Since Tarib is gone, his part of work seems badly shared. We have all the closed thread for every language in the "Voice of Crom" part, the open thread to discuss in the French General and German General, but not an official one in English General. Same last month, Drest had to open one 5 day late.

It looks unprofessional, and Players have to open their own thread, resulting in like, Three different thread to discuss the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    [Forums] Have a mod/admin/communication staff guy/whoever making the official thread for the Game directors letter of the month on time for the english general forums.

Since Tarib is gone, his part of work seems badly shared. We have all the closed thread for every language in the "Voice of Crom" part, the open thread to discuss in the French General and German General, but not an official one in English General. Same last month, Drest had to open one 5 day late.

It looks unprofessional, and Players have to open their own thread, resulting in like, Three different thread to discuss the same issue.
    OUCH ! ~ you should never NEVER tell MODs what to do ...

Both of our threads will mysteriously disappear ~ might take a week ~ but it will go away. Nothing to see here.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

[PVE] Quest inventory gets submerged by quest items that are not updated/deleted after completing or deleting/abandonning a quest. It makes it hard and sometimes gamebreaking to complete new quests that require a lot of inventory space. Quest items should have in their item description the name of the quest it is related to, so that the players can delete them when finished/appropriate.