Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: -=Suggestion Thread=-

[PvP] implement a reward system for sieges to keep them moving. Badges or tokens like in minis x10.
    Satet-ka High Priest of Set

[Interface] Add an option in the interface menu to let appear/remove pet damages numbers.

[NEW BUG]
    Gems get renamed after you insert them into items all the time.

Thus, Protective Oblique Corundum becomes Evasive Oblique Corundum on items already gemmed or to items that have been gemmed after the last patch.

Here is the bug:
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9426/7a3v.jpg
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Gah as an amateur astrologer the varying size of the moon bothers me. Could funcom take 10 minutes and resize all the moons in every zone to that of gateway to khitai. In KK it's so big it's lumpy and pixelated. WHY FUNCOM!?!

[ranger]
    Please give a 3 to 5 step combo at melee so people will shut the **** up a bit about my class.

Of course, besides this, keep the actual deft stab 2/3 mechanics which is really good.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 19th September 2013 at 09:25.

[MISC] Make Sancha a brunette like she is in The Pool of the Black One! "It was Sancha, her black hair falling in disheveled rippling
    waves, her olive skin contrasting abruptly with the glossy ebony of
    her captor." BOOM! Canon shot (see what I did there?)!

Thumbs up

[PvE]
    When designing dungeons, have less text interaction with NPC's inside. I went into a dungeon for the second time ever and could not take the time to read the storyline as I was completing quests because everyone was waiting on me. A short conversation is one thing but some of the quest text in HoC went on and on.

[PvE]
    Make dungeons that are more linear: one path through the dungeon, 3-4 bosses leading up to a final boss which is somewhat harder than the others but with better loot. The time involved in clearing it should be 45-90 minutes.

[PvE]
    Within the help screen or in some new interface, create a way to read up about the different bosses in any particular dungeon with a quick synopsis of his abilities and lore surrounding him. For example, "Sorceror Shish-kabob guards the entrance to Kazad-dum's lair. He will cast 'Omg Cheetos!' every 45 seconds which will suffocate party members within 10 yards of him in a pile of cheetos unless it is interupted. His minions will pour in and eat the cheetos empowering them to do double damage. Etc, etc.' This "Boss Mechanics" interface could also list loot tables for the boss.

[Interface]
    By default, the cast bars are showing up right on top of my and the targets debuff bar. I've tried changing screen resolution but the cast bars are still in that same bad location. Move them where they don't cover up vital information during combat. Or let me unlock them and move them manually.

[PvE]
    Some of the quests were written specifically with male characters in mind. The chain involving Countess Albiona and Nathaniel in the Armsman's Tavern of Old Tarantia comes to mind. My female character got the same quest text as my male character. I'm would not be shocked by a same sex romance storyline (In fact Nathaniel reveals that he prefers men,) however it is just so obvious that the convo choices were written for a male character. Your engine should allow different conversations depending on sex. I suggest that an advanced engine would also be open-ended enough to allow for different races, classes, and levels to trigger alternate story text in those uncommon situations where it would make a difference. (For example, a Cimmerian quest giver might be reluctant to deal with someone who uses magic or bows.)

[Interface]
    When viewing a quest pin on the map, don't print "Quest Goal:" in front of the quest goal. Instead print the name of the quest so I can select it from the quest log to see more information about that quest without having to first search through them to match a quest name with the quest goal that I saw.

[Interface]
    Allow me to tab target based on where my camera is pointing rather than where my character's front is facing. If I am running along a road and want to tab target something off to my left which my camera is facing but my body is not, I should be able to.

[PvE]
    While doing Coward Way at step: Locate the coward, I was trying to talk to an urn when things attacked me. I was unable to complete the conversation or even end it by choosing goodbye and died while stuck in the convo. I did not try pressing escape. Maybe that would have worked. Regardless, choosing (2. Goodbye) should have put me back in first person mode so I could defend myself. I suggest that a player be immune to damage when already in a storyline conversation. That is how Swtor does it and it works fine. At least end the convo when combat starts!

[PvE]
    While doing Burning Bridges, I blew up the bridge while standing on it and stayed suspended in mid-air. But when I moved afterward to get to the edge I fell to my death. Either make it drop me when the bridge blows or allow me some time to get off it before the bridge blows up.

[PvE]
    Fix the Running Down Prisoners quest. It often pops up a message saying it is completed after killing less than 5 prisoners. Then it registers less than the actual number of kills. Just now I killed 6 prisoners but it only registered 4. So I have to drop the quest and try again since they are spread so far I can't even find a seventh prisoner to try to finish it. Update: I just did it again (on a different day) and it only required me to kill 3 prisoners and it counted all 3. Why is the number of prisoners to kill different sometimes and why does it occasionally register all the ones I kill?

[Interface]
    The emote bar (Y) could be improved by allowing me to bind one of the emotes from each group to the button. Currently it seems to fire one at random from that group when I click a button. For example, let me choose the Laugh as the default from the social group so that it fires every time I click the Social icon on the emote bar.

[Interface]
    Let me either keybind the emote bar buttons or be able to drag the emote button to a quickbar button just as I would for any ability.

[Interface]
    Let me associate macros to a quickbar button so that I can, for example, greet other players with a macro that tells my name and explains my origins and idiosyncracies such as my love for mead and voluptuous slave girls.

[Interface]
    Improve the emote bar by allowing it to be resized like a Windows dialog using a grabber in the lower right corner. I would like to be able to draw it out horizontal or vertical and then position it somewhere on my screen. And then to lock its position!

[Interface]
    Improve all controls in the interface (emote bar is just one example) by allowing them to be locked to their current X,Y position. A small lock icon on their title bar would do the trick (or a menu that appears by right clicking the title bar). There should be a way to reset all their positions to default in case they disappear off the screen for some reason due to screen resolution change or whatever.

[PvE]
    Faction rep should be account wide. I got burnt out in WoW trying to run all my toons through the storyline quests just so they could start doing rep daily's. Then, trying to do rep daily's on multiple toons made me lose all interest in wow. Star Wars The Old Republic solved this issue by making faction rep extend across all characters on the same account on the same server. That way players still see all the content but do not get burnt out grinding multiple toons to raid-ready status. This is more complicated in AoC because we choose from competing factions but I'm sure you can figure something out.

[Interface]
    When you are swimming, make it so that pushing space bar will make you swim up toward the surface.

[Interface]
    When I search on the trader buy tab by typing in Item Name field, perform the search if I press enter. Currently enter does nothing and I have to move my hand off the keyboard to the mouse and click on the Search button. You should also allow pressing tab to move the input focus to the Search button and then allow either space bar or enter to trigger the button. All clickable buttons in your interface should share the same code and work the same way.

[Interface]
    Allow attaching more than 4 items to a mail. Allow us to attach those items by right clicking them in our inventory or bank space while the compose mail screen is open.

[PvE]
    I found your group finder. Please improve it. Make it like other MMO's where you can queue for particular dungeons and once enough party members are found it pops up a notice, transports you there, and returns you to where you were after you exit.

[Interface]
    Quite often I cannot use something because I am too far away such as clicking on a flower to gather it for a quest but the icon makes it appear as though I can use it. For example I am at a Basalt node as I write this, trying to mine, and it says "You are too far away" but my cursor icon has changed from grey to gold as though I am near enough. Can you get these two things in sync?

[PvE]
    When ending conversations with NPC's they say something but it is impossible to read because the convo ends. Please insert a pause until we press a key or a much longer delay so that we can read that last dialogue screen.

[PvE]
    The Disoriented Seafarer in Ardashir continues to show up on the map with a ? even if you complete the Shipwrecked Seafarer quest or drop it.

[Interface]
    Make it play sounds while I have the game in the background. Sometimes I need to switch to another Windows program for a while and I die before I get back. If I could hear sounds of battle, I'd switch back immediately.

[Interface]
    If I am moving by holding down both mouse buttons and I open my map by pressing M, if the map covers my character then I am unable to change direction by moving my mouse. Make it so that the map will not take the focus away from my mouse so I can steer myself while running even with the map covering the center of my screen.

[PvE]
    Acolyte Kaveh in a convo during the quest "The Lotus Scent" says, 'Erlik is always there, reposing on a black thrown...'. Correct the spelling so that it says "reposing on a black throne".

[Interface]
    When I have a window open such as N (Feats) and I move my mouse to a button at the bottom so that I can read the details of an ability in the tooltip that pops up, the tooltip displays behind the Feat spec window so that it is obscured. A tooltip should always display on top of all other windows! I want to read those tooltips to help me choose which feat to go with next.

[PvE]
    The Khitai quest 'A Trail of Bamboo' is much too hard. I have only finished half of part II because it takes so much time to clear out 20 or so Zang Xin to get to the items (like the fish) that they are respawning before you can finally click on the item to pick up.

[PvE]
    Four things combine to make it so that I often cannot enjoy the storyline when completing quests. 1) Many times it takes a long time to clear out an area so that I can click on a quest turn-in, 2) The respawn rate is ridiculously fast in some areas, 3) The conversations in some quest lines are quite lengthy, 4) I can be attacked by respawning mobs in the middle of my quest turn in! My suggestion is to partially fix this just by making players invisible to the mobs while engaged in a conversation with a quest-turn-in NPC. At least then we only need to worry about being attacked by 6 mobs at once after ending the conversation.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
    Last edited by Kromwithak; 21st September 2013 at 14:28.

[Misc] Alternate looks for particle effects. Purchasable changes that give different colors to spell effects and/or (preferably and) completely different visual effects.

[Misc] Alternate Animations for spells and combos, poses, whatever

[Misc] Alternate skins and models for necro and demo summonings.

And yes, I *would* pay real money to have my demo able to spray out black fire.

[Misc] Stop the quest NPC's from just standing around in a corner. Have them move around and do something. Even if its just having a guy sit at a desk all day - that's better than him standing outside the door looking off into space all the time. You've done a *decent* amount of that with the filler NPC's, the one's just there for color, just expand on it.

[Misc] More control over graphics options, including increasing the max values of the sliders. Game's a few years old now (and I know there's only so much that can be done with the engine barring modding it) but I've got everything turned on and maxed out and am getting 80+ FPS easily.

[Misc] Reduce casting timers (and the damage spells do) to allow more maneuverability for casters. Right now its pretty much the same old stand-still-and-be-beaten-on combat that's in other MMO's.

[Misc] Off-hand talisman - get them to show up. Make them appear in the hand when casting/fighting and have them holstered like an off-hand weapon when not.
    Last edited by Incunabulum; 28th September 2013 at 03:41.

[MISC] Put back the player questions thread and answer a selection of the questions that had been posted.
    It was a great idea.
    Last edited by dubhuir; 29th September 2013 at 01:12.

Wink

[Guardian]
    Improve juggernaut DPS
    i don't mean to make it as good as the other tanks, keep in mind that s&b focus on 1 target and polearm can hit many targets.