Thread: High ping PvP

Default High ping PvP

I came back recently after a years break to see that now all servers are American, which gives me over 160 ping, up to 200 sometimes, and it's unplayable for me with conq or barb in PvP. The only times where I can hit is if the opponent is not moving or moving very slowly. If someone has good footwork, I can't hit even with 2h range most times, which leads me to consider trying a guard for the sake of polearm reach.

I was wondering if anyone else has a similarly high ping and manages to play PvP well. I'd appreciate any advice, because I'm going nuts.

hi m8 i think 90% of pvper have this problem atm i write from italy and use one line internet 20 mega + optimized line for gaming but non change much , atm i play with one ping from 140/200 , i realy think have take head for fight with this ping i use DT , Cnq ecc can use in all mode 1h or 2h , but the problem is ever the hight ping this give some time lag and its no like much , the problem is funcom need think dedicate 1 little datebase in UE , non khonw how much usa ppl again play the game but sure are much ppl from ue , if you can play in optical fiber your lucky sure , here in my city cant again have it....
    its all from me , but if someone can give some good news for ping are welcome

a] adjust your senses to your lattency
    b] call your net provider and ask em to enable fast-path line

140-200ms from atHens but can hanndle if fps is good
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

but we have to open certain ports on your router to get a better ping?
    if you can explain to me how to set them?

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I came back recently after a years break to see that now all servers are American, which gives me over 160 ping, up to 200 sometimes, and it's unplayable for me with conq or barb in PvP. The only times where I can hit is if the opponent is not moving or moving very slowly. If someone has good footwork, I can't hit even with 2h range most times, which leads me to consider trying a guard for the sake of polearm reach.

I was wondering if anyone else has a similarly high ping and manages to play PvP well. I'd appreciate any advice, because I'm going nuts.
    Well I play with pretty much same ping (160-200, when it's ok, otherwise I even have spikes) with sin, and I'm not doing bad.
    So I guess you just need to get used to iy.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by legionarium View Post
    but we have to open certain ports on your router to get a better ping?
    if you can explain to me how to set them?
    i got little technicall knowledge on such matters , but im quite sure that very little can be done
    try this in case it helps http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster
    this program can detect all the updates you need but u never done , sometimes it help you improve your fps , and since i installed it i fixed Audio-lags cause it updated some stuff i never did myself , but that's all
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Edit by Anzu: Indeed, you should have been careful. Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.

And indeed, 200-330ms that I have been having made player-versus-player fights without area-of-effect spells unplayable.
    Unfortunately, Joel made sure that the game had been tested that all players would be able to be competitive even with 250ms and pulled the plug on the European servers (financial problems).
    Last edited by Anzu; 28th October 2014 at 04:58.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    i got little technicall knowledge on such matters , but im quite sure that very little can be done
    try this in case it helps http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster
    this program can detect all the updates you need but u never done , sometimes it help you improve your fps , and since i installed it i fixed Audio-lags cause it updated some stuff i never did myself , but that's all
    tnx m8 for this link later test it