Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with character server BUG

Funny. I had this problem when I started playing in 2008, had it again when I came back in 2011 and now I run into the exact same issue again.

For some reason I've never ran into this issue before.. Two days in a row now it has happened when I logged off the same character. No lag or DC, just a regular log off.. All other characters are fine, but this one fubars the auth token or something and I cannot log on that account for 15 mins..
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

This happens to me for some reason, although lately I haven't been able to play (curse you dell) what usually fixes it for me is logging in another toon, then back out, and then I can log into my main or whomever I'm trying to access.

I am somewhat surprised that Funcom have never fixed this, which makes me think that one or all of the following are true:

- they are unable to reproduce it, for whatever reason
    - it is really complicated to fix, despite not seeming so
    - they don't have the resources to fix it
    - they don't care
    - it is some kind of social experiment to see just how much punishment their player base will put up with
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

alo, bug still pending since last year.

It's funny how we post about this bug, but yet to get a official response that it even exist. Working as intended I guess.

They most likely forgot to simulate a lossy network environment in their QA tests. Using software that throttles their connection to the servers and simulates packet loss would allow them to reproduce the errors that the majority of players get.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

authentication failure. please note that passwords are case sensitive. (14)

Can't log in. Not the usual wait 15 minutes and then it's ok. Been over an hour now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydon View Post
    authentication failure. please note that passwords are case sensitive. (14)

Can't log in. Not the usual wait 15 minutes and then it's ok. Been over an hour now.
    That most likely means you are actually typing the password wrong. Make sure Caps Lock isn't on, and if you are sure you are typing it correctly, your account could have been hacked and your password changed.

problem still persists. WHEN WILL YOU, FC FIX THIS ****? I cant log from one char to an other char without having this problem and always have to wait 15 minutes. this is really annoying.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast