Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with character server BUG

I'm having this problem now. I can initially log-in without issue. But then if I try to switch to an alt, I get the same authentication failure problem.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post
    I'm having this problem now. I can initially log-in without issue. But then if I try to switch to an alt, I get the same authentication failure problem.
    Same problem. i played this morning about 2 hours then logged off and tried to log in after 30 minutes but "failed to authenticate with character-server" . i cant play now since about 1 hour because i cant log in.

Mine started again last night. I was able to get back in after I forced the game to close and reopened it.

Also still getting random "logging-in, loading-data" lock ups.

AND the program associated with the item shop, AwesomiomProcess.exe, does not close after I close the item shop. It closes after I exit and close out the game, but there is no need for that to run in the background when I'm not using the item shop.

Default Failed to authenticate

Again and again. Mostly when I log one character off the game and trying to log in with another char. I can't play my payed time. Funcom fix this bug please, this is really annoying to sit at the computer and waiting, restarting, waiting and finally not be able log in the game.

Confirmed, there is obviously something wrong. I was playing, everything was good, relog to change toon and boom "failed to authenticate (...)".

It is pretty damn annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Confirmed, there is obviously something wrong. I was playing, everything was good, relog to change toon and boom "failed to authenticate (...)".

It is pretty damn annoying.
    Do you get it if you do the following:

1) When logging out of character, let it count down completely and exit of its own volition. Do not click the Exit Now button.
    2) If you get one of the time out dialogs (either on the re-log into your character select screen, or once you select your character and the game is loading the play area), do not cancel it, just leave it be. It goes away on its own.

I found doing the above seems to avoid the issue entirely (for me at least anyway).
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Default Failure to Authenticate

A GM asked me to log out for 15 minutes so he could solve an issue with my characters, now 1.5 hours later I cannot log in due to "Failure to Authenticate with Character Server" I have been trying for an hour. What gives?

Default Authentication Failure

Returning player - maybe.

Having a few issues. Reactivated account, and subbed once again. Downloaded the game, and now when I try and log in I get a 'Authentication Failure' error.

I don't have any issues logging into my Funcom account through the web site, yet continually get the error message while trying to access the game?

Has anyone any ideas?

Game password can be different than account one. I would suggest you to change game one if you don't remember it or not sure if it's same as for account.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast