Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with character server BUG

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    This workaround did everything for me and I had never again "failed to authentication..."
    Its good to see a "fix" for this but I don't want to have to set up all my cast-bars / shortcut settings for every character again, there MUST BE another way to fix this huge issue of the game WITHOUT deleting all HUD settings, I pay a monthly fee (not anymore lol) for this game and want to see a patch or something like that which just solves the problem without my help.

Create an alternate F2P account (you all should have one, anyway).

Log on to your alternate account.

Log off alternate account.

Log on to your main account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    This workaround did everything for me and I had never again "failed to authentication..."
    Not working for me still getting the error.

Well, this bug will kill the game for me, I wont play it anymore too many serious issues in a nearly 7 years old game. Funcom doesn't give any sh*t about that, they rather create more fail games and throw the money from AoC customers away and we get nearly NOTHING at all, low update rate, lags ingame, unfixed bug that exist since beginning thats just a clear message from Funcom to me: Leave the game we don't need paying customers or any players in our game.

Had this problem during the afternoon where I lost the group I was joining. Now same thing again.

I would like to see this problem sorted.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Guys a combinations of two suggestions finally fixed it for me ! First did this :

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...t=#post2073171

Then went on and deleted all extra chat channels I had, leaving only the default chat box.

Now the bug is gone I can log out and log back into char selection screen where as previously I would always get the error when logging back to char selection screen.

So try those two together maybe it fixes it for you as well.

Any update on when this issue will be fixed?

I suddenly started getting this problem after a patch a few months ago, and it is really annoying. Fixed it temporarily by deleting all chat tabs (exept the first) on all toons, but after a few days the auth bug started happening again.

Must we really keep deleting our chat tabs before every relog or can you please fix this? >.<
    kthxbye /Kirin ;x

Bumping this. Most annoying bug in AoC atm.

Just lost 20 minutes in raid because of it.

please please pretty please fix this.

Stuck in AoK Unchained during the video.

Hit F10, log out.

Entering password again, "failed to authenticate...."

Lost group, lost loot, lost 20 minutes of my life.