Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with character server BUG

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I don't really know how this bug comes up for me, I just log out (wait 15 seconds). In Login Screen I get the message that there was an Error or something like that (you have to re enter your password to log in) but if I enter my password and try to log in it just says that there was an Error with authentification with charakter server, than I have to wait 15 - 20 minutes to be able to log in again.

For me this bug appeared some months ago after a patch (I think it was the patch with class tweaks).

I already tried to delete all chat tabs but that doesn't helped, the bug still appears.
    Ouch, yeah can understand that can be very frustrating.
    Specially if you want to relog during a raid or if your like me and have a bunch of alts you want to set AA timers on.

Hope Funcom creates a fix for those that struggles with this, but hard when its not consitent and not affect everyone :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    This is being looked into, and has been for a while. Thank you for your continued patience on this very complex issue. There is no target date as to when this may be fixed.
    Thank you for replying. I for one really appreciate it. I would like to see more long standing issues acknowledged in thin manner.

I want to try that out but does that delete all Chat windows / HUD Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I want to try that out but does that delete all Chat windows / HUD Settings?
    Yes, it does remove all those settings, so just make a backup first so you can restore it if it doesn't help.

this **** is here for years, also its there cause of different circumstances. is it sooo fkn hard to fix something like that funcom?!
    just logged out and now i cant log back in for another 15 up min cause of that ****. u have incapable people working there?
    seems like u wont make us play and leave this game as fast as we can?! go on with that great work and u guys will manage it!
    Last edited by Filter3; 3rd November 2014 at 20:25.

Thumbs down

This is actually the worst bulls**t I have ever encountered.
    I have a very specific time during the day I'm able to play, and guess what?
    This freaking bug is stealing my gaming time. And it's been an ONGOING ISSUE since game launch i 2000 and f***ing 8.
    And for those of you who are bad at math: 6 years = 2190 days. TWO THOUSAND DAYS. I mean, come on....

Thanks for your great work on this issue!
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

really hate this bug to its core, during WB ******** its hard to get a group going and finnaly get the chance for some HM and i go relog to my char this happens. 4 times this week goddamn it. basically you're telling me that the week with the Wb is not worth playing?

blowing off steam here ...

Still not fixed... its so ridiculous that this bug still happens to so many players.

You can't say when this bug will happen next time for you, so you have to delete and recreate all chat tabs every time you log out with a character, really Funcom are you serious right now? Such an important issue is just ignored? Since six years?

Default Look at this post.

This workaround did everything for me and I had never again "failed to authentication..."