Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with character server BUG

Happend to me two days ago, couldn't play for several hours, ancient bug never to be fixed -.-

Oh did i mention red bar 4.800 ms bug? Yeah that too.

There is a old fix for this

Uninstall and Install the game fresh well fix this until the next time it happens. CSR told me this is the best way to fix this bug, so do this every time and it well work every time.

have the same and nothing helps
    can't enter game with my favorite toon

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynorth View Post
    There is a old fix for this

Uninstall and Install the game fresh well fix this until the next time it happens. CSR told me this is the best way to fix this bug, so do this every time and it well work every time.
    Personally I can't find any sort of humor in this matter. This is completely unacceptable from Funcom.

And in case you're actually serious, no, that doesn't work everytime. In fact, it never worked the couple of times I've been so stupid as to actually try that myself. Maybe it would be acceptable to reinstall the game if this issue happened 1-2 times a year for example, but for me this happens many times in a day so this "fix" is, to me at least, completely worthless. Thanks for the input though, maybe this helps somebody in addition to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynorth View Post
    CSR told me this is the best way to fix this...
    I must sound like a cynical moron but this really goes to show how utterly clueless the employees are in regards to this bug. How can they hope to fix this if they don't even know the cause? I think I just lost the last bit of hope I had left. I really wish someone official would type even a tiny response to this thread to acknowledge that they actually read these messages and are aware of the issue.

Oh well. My two cents for trying to "bandaid fix" this:

If you get the bug and are locked out,

1. run the file verification thing
    2. do the LocalConfig.xml replacement thing
    3. reset your router/modem (in my case, I remove the USB modem for at least 15 minutes and usually plug it in a different USB slot afterwards)
    4a. open the command prompt in admin mode
    4b. in cmd, type "netsh winsock reset", "netsh int ip reset catalog", "ipconfig /flushdns" and "ipconfig /registerdns"

I have no idea if any of that actually fixes anything because my knowledge of technical mumbo jumbo is next to zero, but it seems to be working for me...sometimes...

Good thing ESO is coming so I'll have time to lower my blood pressure for a while.

i have had this problem often, cant log inn and get the Message

failed to authenticate With character server

i just go inn and delete IGNORE list and i get back inn.
    that fix it for me

Got dc by my isp in a JS. Can't log back after that. My teammates are fighting hard, and I'm missing a good Jhebbal ((
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Default Failed to Authenticate

Same problem here since I started playing again 3 weeks ago. Kicked to login screen when zoning, sometimes while in cities talking to quest givers. Contacted support, run all the little tests and tweaks and still nothing. Told me to contact my ISP because I was losing packets.

Ran a few pathpings myself, and quite often I lose 50% of packets at the AoC server. I only lose a random 1 or 2 packets here and there along a dozen hops. Seems to me the packet loss is a problem with their server, not our ISP's.

Managed to finally fix this issue, unfortunately it involved subb'ing to a GPN. Worth it though, considering now I can play without any issues. I went with WTFast. They have a free 30-day trial for anyone interested in trying it out. Maybe it can help some of you, as it has me.

Very annoying bug. I got dc during Entity fight (I lost internet connection just for few seconds) then I couldn't log back for a long time due to this error. It's not funny loosing raid loot, exp, relics due to that stupid error. Fixing things like this should be top priority for you Funcom.
    Last edited by ZackApior; 16th March 2014 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by ogrethedestroyer View Post
    Managed to finally fix this issue, unfortunately it involved subb'ing to a GPN. Worth it though, considering now I can play without any issues. I went with WTFast. They have a free 30-day trial for anyone interested in trying it out. Maybe it can help some of you, as it has me.
    You. Are. Awesome! It works like a charm! Thank you so much.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast