Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Circumventing the Game Errors

Since the friends list will not show up if none of your friends is online now, if you want to see your list of offline friends, just put someone on ignore on global then the offline friends list will now be viewable. Then you can take the poor innocent person off /ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Since the friends list will not show up if none of your friends is online now, if you want to see your list of offline friends, just put someone on ignore on global then the offline friends list will now be viewable. Then you can take the poor innocent person off /ignore.
    I was wondering about this I'm still pretty much a noob and only came of the F2P last night so i was thinking it was because I was still in transition between F2P account and Subbing account

If you get the tiny little window after the initial splash screen, regardless of whether or not you have windowed or full screen, make sure the window is the top or highlighted, and hit alt+enter until the window maximizes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPayne View Post
    Character outfit not updated in character screen. Browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Pre fs\<account> and delete all the Char1234567 folders.
    The above solution probably works. But there is also another one.

The problem usually goes hand in hand with an error message you get after logging off a character followed by the need to enter your password again to get back to the character selection screen.
    This ususally happens for some but not for all toons.

The error message is, as far as I know, caused by the client trying to send data related to the chat tabs. If this fails, character update and saving changed settings is skipped.

If this happens to one of your characters, log in with it, delete all chat tabs except global and log off again (don't quit the game). Wait the 15 seconds to get back to the character selection screen. The error message should be gone and the characters look should be update the next time (not this time).

If this doesn't help, delete the global chat tab also and add a new global chat (don't forget to select all the channels for your new global chat).

Default Out of memory

This is not really a game error but still happens to many people.

Problem: On Windows 64bit the handling/caching of large files is different from the one of Windows XP 32bit. Windows uses a server config on 64bit bit systems.
    When running AOC sooner or later the system runs out of memory.

AOC comes with a system tweaker to change these settings. If it is not run on 64bit Windows, you will have a problem.

How to miss the tweaker:
    If you start the launcher and afk cause you feel it takes too long till the green start button is displayed, you may miss the message box, cause it will disapear after a short while. If you come back after it's gone and click the green start button, you may be in trouble.

If you use AOC quickstart to bypass the AOC launcher you'll also miss the tweaker. (AOC quickstart warns you to do so for long gaming sessions!)

Solution: Let the system tweaker do it's job. The tweaker is started by the launcher right before the green start button is displayed. A windows message box is popping up asking for admin permission to run the tweaker. You have to click yes.

The tweaker exe file can be found in the root directory of AOC and may also be started manually.

You just need to run the tweaker once per windows session.
    After that you may restart AOC again and again without the launcher or without waiting for the message box.

I think that is highly dependant of the system configuration. After a long gaming session, I normally have 10-11 GB free memory. Age of Conan never uses more than 1,5GB memory on my computer. I can see the issue on laptops with shared graphics memory though.

The original post is updated! Thank you, guys!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I think that is highly dependant of the system configuration. After a long gaming session, I normally have 10-11 GB free memory. Age of Conan never uses more than 1,5GB memory on my computer. I can see the issue on laptops with shared graphics memory though.
    Windows provides a maximum of 2GB to any 32bit application including AOC. On my system it ends up at about 1,8GB and still running nicely.

As you still have lots of free mem, I suppose you just let the tweaker run, don't you?

The problem I described will cause certian windows services to "eat" memory. So the AOC process might look fine as usual, but overall the system runs out of memory. At first getting slower and slower due to swapping.

Of course certain system setups, like shared graphics, might have other problems. For example bad graphics driver with personal hunger for memory.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234