Thread: PvP server Vs. Blood and Glory

Default PvP server Vs. Blood and Glory

Hello,

I am a new player looking to play on some form of pvp server. I am very interested in Blood and Glory, but it looked to me that the server is basically empty in low level areas. Also, its apparent hard-core nature does intimidate me a bit.

Anyways, my question is:

What are the pros and cons of playing on a blood and glory server when compared with playing in a normal pvp server from an experienced player's perspective? And, is it not advised for a completely new player to play on blood and glory server?

Smile

Firstly welcome to the game and forums!

The Blood and Glory server was made to introduce several more hardcore factors to a normal pvp server ruleset. The easiest way to display these differences is just to list off the changes B&G ruleset made to the normal pvp servers.

B&G changes:
    1. No NPC gaurds (They will attack any player that is trying to kill another player while within their range)
    2. No Shrines of Bori (This was a zone meant for world objective pvp when went very wrong)
    3. Players can drop money and potions after being killed by a player
    4. I believe there is a small pvp xp gain increase as well

While these are all fantastic changes, the thing that kills it is that it has a one character limit. Meaning you can only make one character per account on B&G. This and a few other small things results in what we see now: a not so populated server. Still enough people to do mini's 24/7 but not enough for too much else. As far as low level players and players in general, fury has a good bit more.

Good luck and see you in-game!
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 22nd March 2014 at 19:19.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Firstly welcome to the game and forums!

The Blood and Glory server was made to introduce several more hardcore factors to a normal pvp server ruleset. The easiest way to display these differences is just to list off the changes B&G ruleset made to the normal pvp servers.

B&G changes:
    1. No NPC gaurds (They will attack any player that is trying to kill another player while within their range)
    2. No Shrines of Bori (This was a zone meant for world objective pvp when went very wrong)
    3. Players can drop money and potions after being killed by a player
    4. I believe there is a small pvp xp gain increase as well

While these are all fantastic changes, the thing that kills it is that it has a one character limit. Meaning you can only make one character per account on B&G. This and a few other small things results in what we see now: a not so populated server. Still enough people to do mini's 24/7 but not enough for too much else. As far as low level players and players in general, fury has a good bit more.

Good luck and see you in-game!
    hiya! i play on both servers

adding to usedtissue's post, B&G has pvp enabled in the starter city which has open world pvp action 24/7 with seldom minis

although it has extensively diminished, B&G had by far the highest percentage of hackers. during US prime--if thats your play time--B&G still has a more likely occurrence of foul play since russians stay up later on this server for some reason(or maybe its just that i know the players better)