Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

Windows has feature that lets you run DX11 features even on non-DX11 hardware/games: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=371483

What you might try doing is limiting the feature level to 10.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    Windows has feature that lets you run DX11 features even on non-DX11 hardware/games: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=371483

I think the majority of us are running W7, and are likely to stay that way until MS sort out their W8 UI nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post

People are just having problems running the regular DX10 client.

What you linmked is very interesting, enabling you to run DX11 in your DX10.1 capable (and DX11 incapable!)card. But that's not what we're having problems with. This also requires you to install the DX11 SDK. Wonder how it would work with the SweetFX suite =D

SweetFX does not work in DX10 AoC .. hours spent nothing works, but works just fine in DX9.

Is just weird, since I have screenshots when I got ATI 7950 card and then one patch day and it just stopped working.

Gahhh

ps: works fine in TSW DX11, will not try DX10 version .. I blame nVidia for this DX10 mess.
    Last edited by Invino; 25th August 2013 at 18:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    SweetFX does not work in DX10 AoC .. hours spent nothing works, but works just fine in DX9.

Is just weird, since I have screenshots when I got ATI 7950 card and then one patch day and it just stopped working.

Gahhh

ps: works fine in TSW DX11, will not try DX10 version .. I blame nVidia for this DX10 mess.
    You have to read the Readme-files, per default, it doesn't work too well, but it's easy enough to fix
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

I think a windows update broke it. There is some talk of it on the sweetfx forums too. Not just this game. It was fine for me until I reinstalled windows, and there had been no recent conan patch. But it just wouldn't work under dx10 any more, but dx9 was fine.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    I think a windows update broke it. There is some talk of it on the sweetfx forums too. Not just this game. It was fine for me until I reinstalled windows, and there had been no recent conan patch. But it just wouldn't work under dx10 any more, but dx9 was fine.
    Well, I'm using it under DX10, and has been doing so for ages. (all windows updates installed except for the following: KB2670838, KB2484033, KB2488113, KB2506928, KB2511250, KB2522422, KB2545698, KB2547666, KB2786081 and KB2799926) (none of these should break it, but they either are about IE (and I don't have IE) or has been known to break AoC and gives me nothing in return).

This part is pretty important (taken from SweetFX_settings.txt):
    Code:
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING  1            // [0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
    #define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING  0            // [0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique. WIP - Currently only works in DX9 and you need to use the FXAA injector dlls.
    This means you have to copy the files from the 'dll\SMAA dlls' folder into your Age Of Conan folder (all this is described in the readmes).
    Last edited by Ekorn; 26th August 2013 at 22:52.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Hmm cheers for the tip, I'll give it another bash later.

I did read every single line of everything in the files, hence the hours spent .. hehe.

My new Config: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...X_settings.rar

Result (Glare spot is photoshopped, rest is original): http://abload.de/img/quistanqdbjm.jpg
    Last edited by Quistan; 2nd September 2013 at 11:33.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast