Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

You basically copy a few of the files into the AoC folder. Then either change the settings via text file editing or more easily using the GUI that been developed. It has instructions with the download.

Note: It doesn't seem to work for everybody. I had it working under DX10, reinstalled windows, and now it won't work - no idea why.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    You basically copy a few of the files into the AoC folder.
    BTW - file copying/deleting is also done via the add/remove game feature in SweetFX configurator. It's waaaay less complex than custom UIs.

Some people seem to have problems, but I never heard about it breaking the game. I also had problems, but I just had to disable overlays in TS/mumble and it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 14th June 2013 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post

Some people seem to have problems, but I never heard about it breaking the game. I also had problems, but I just had to disable overlays in TS/mumble and it works flawlessly.
    Yeah, I've tried various things to get it working again - disabling or shutting off various programs, even tried installing it on an old aoc backup. Nothing seems to work - I figure it's something to do with windows maybe, as reinstalling the o/s is the only thing different really. Haven't had it break the game, but it sweetfx just doesn't work now.
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

For about six weeks I ran the DX10 executable with Sweetfx and had zero issues whatsoever. The game played fine and looked really great. Not 300+ mod Skyrim great, but really nice.

Then I turned windows update on and discovered I had about 110 updates. I ran all the updates and immediately afterwards I started encountering a D3D11.dll crash with the AgeOfConanDX10.exe launcher. Sometimes it would crash 20 seconds after loading a character and sometimes it would crash two hours into a play session.

What really mystifies me is that D3D11.dll is a DX 11 library... which AoC shouldn't be referencing at all. It should only be referencing the DX 9 library and/or the DX 10 libraries.

The only way that I was able to have a stable client again was to start launching the AgeOfConan.exe client and setting the game to DX 9. In this way, I could use Sweetfx again without crashing my client.

One of the updates that I installed from Microsoft updated all of the Direct X libraries, but it still doesn't explain why AoC suddenly starts trying to reference DX 11 libraries.

If anyone has a solution or workaround which would allow me to use DX 10 with Sweetfx without intermittent crashes, then I would be truly grateful!

This has happened to me as well. Can only get SweetFX to work with DX9. DX10 = crash at some point and usually doesn't take it long.

Guessing whatever it was also borked Fraps since it's now only recording a black screen plus sound in DX10. Though it also works perfectlly in DX9.

Fraps works fine in TSW with DX10 however. No idea about SweetFX as I removed it from TSW.

I got a buddy to try out SweetFX. Everything was fine for him until he installed the Windows 8.1 update and then SweetFX was not working anymore. Also, after removing Sweet, be kept getting these weird error messages with regards to Directx 11... Needless to say he had to reinstall windows because SweetFX borked one of his DLL files which is a shame because be was amazed at how much better AoC looked...

I am pretty sure something else went wrong while installing that update

That's weird. It shouldn't have affected windows. It's just like 12 files in the AoC game folder - none go anywhere else. Heck, you even uninstall sfx by just deleting those files (well, you did before the gui was added anyway and it did that for you). Possibly just coincidental timing?
    -------------------

Default SweetFX update and other stuff

SweetFX 1.4 link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/swee...ownload,1.html

My main desktop gaming rig (Windows 7, all available updates, Ti550 VGA) hasn't been able to play DX10 for at least month or two now. My lappy with W8 and all available updates and Radeon 7670 is running as well as can be on a Radeon 7670. Tested again with SwoitFX on the laptop.

Take note, this is just anecdotal and your gaming experience may well be differant *wankwank*, but hopefully we can find out wtf's goin on!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    For about six weeks I ran the DX10 executable with Sweetfx and had zero issues whatsoever. The game played fine and looked really great. Not 300+ mod Skyrim great, but really nice.

Then I turned windows update on and discovered I had about 110 updates. I ran all the updates and immediately afterwards I started encountering a D3D11.dll crash with the AgeOfConanDX10.exe launcher. Sometimes it would crash 20 seconds after loading a character and sometimes it would crash two hours into a play session.

What really mystifies me is that D3D11.dll is a DX 11 library... which AoC shouldn't be referencing at all. It should only be referencing the DX 9 library and/or the DX 10 libraries.

The only way that I was able to have a stable client again was to start launching the AgeOfConan.exe client and setting the game to DX 9. In this way, I could use Sweetfx again without crashing my client.

One of the updates that I installed from Microsoft updated all of the Direct X libraries, but it still doesn't explain why AoC suddenly starts trying to reference DX 11 libraries.

If anyone has a solution or workaround which would allow me to use DX 10 with Sweetfx without intermittent crashes, then I would be truly grateful!
    Hey man, you're not alone !!!
    Same situation, I didn't update windows for months (since february).
    I've done all the update and since I have the same error with DX10 meanwhile I had no problem at all for 2 years playing Aoc dx10.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 10th August 2013 at 02:59.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast