Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

I tried installing SweetFX and all I managed to do was crash the launcher. Is there a special way to install SweetFX for AoC?

Quote Originally Posted by -Hubok View Post
    I tried installing SweetFX and all I managed to do was crash the launcher. Is there a special way to install SweetFX for AoC?
    Did you inject it by hand or did you use the configurator? Do you use voice-comm overlays?

Best way is to just use the configurator:

1. Add game (this will create a SweetFX folder in the game dir - SwetFX will be enabled as long as it's there).
    2. Load a ready-made setup (f.e. from darknessjw) or make your own tweaks.
    3. Save settings.
    4. Launch the game normally (f.e. through Steam) or through the configurator (to be able to mess with SweetFX settings on the fly).

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Did you inject it by hand or did you use the configurator? Do you use voice-comm overlays?

1. Add game (this will create a SweetFX folder in the game dir - SwetFX will be enabled as long as it's there).
    3. Save settings.
    4. Launch the game normally (f.e. through Steam) or through the configurator (to be able to mess with SweetFX settings on the fly).
    Turns out I'm an idiot. I assumed that I had to put the files in the main directory of AoC, then put AoC into the configurator. Thanks, I'll try that later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post

3. Save settings.
    Tried what you suggested, but I still get a launcher crash.

Make sure you're not running DX10 with the XFAA injector dll files. It will only work with dx9. Patcher shouldn't crash tho.

Just to test, make sure ALL overlays are disabled.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

The game looks so much better with this added. I had used this in the past with other games, definitely worth the little effort to use this.

Quote Originally Posted by -Hubok View Post
    Tried what you suggested, but I still get a launcher crash.
    Overlays caused my patcher and SweetFX to fail to launch. I'd check the voip and gfx apps (like Afterburner etc.).

I am running sweetfx and i love but there is a small problem, i got black shades or pixels in all healthbars... =(

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-190008...04-62.png.html

Lower lumasharpen and FSAA values

Disable "Vibrance" and the problem will disappear. If you want more vibrant colours, use tonemap and saturation.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast