Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

My HDR is on that current file:

i suggest you change it to:

0,87 (more bright, but some mountains get over lighted)

Just found this, too despite it already being pretty old

SweetFX 2.0 >>ALPHA<< (alpha means potentially non-working and potentially dangerous to your health via your PC)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....63#post4482863

This guy deserves a medal is all I can say.

Darkness, did you want to upload your settings here:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/

and then direct link this stuff in your OP?

There's a bit here related to Radeon's specifically which recognises SweetFX 1.3;

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031

Hopefully the nVidia (and even Intel. I hear they're releasing a halfway decent built-in accelorator in their Haswells) side of things will be sorted by version 2.0
    Last edited by stiiixy; 16th March 2013 at 05:38.

If you're using amd card I also suggest using RadeonPro tool that comes with sweetfx support.

Ok so I just installed this and I've got the game looking pretty cool but I've got some questions.

The game itself is awesome, but when I open the menu of the game (interface options or whatever) or even reading the chat, any words/text is more pixilated than it was before - looks like crap. How do I fix that so it looks normal again? Right now it looks more like a 1970s text cuz it's all choppy. I'd screenshot it but that's my 2nd issue.

I'm pressing the right key for screenshots (tried several including the defalut F11) and I am not seeing any screenshots of the sweetfx changes. In fact, I'm not taking screenshots at all or I have no clue where they are being saved. When I hit F11 I take a screenshot but it's as if sweetfx isn't even there.

How do you screenshot when sweetfx is running?
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

Are you using the GUI that comes with it, or are you manually tweaking the text files? Either way, you can change which keys SweetFX uses to switch on and off or reload the shaders. That way it won't interfere with taking screenies.

As for the text, yeah, you just need to play with the settings and with filters you run. Some do make the text go fuzzy. Just muck about with the settings till you get it how you like - may need to turn some filters off. The benefits outway the negatives for me though.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Are you using the GUI that comes with it, or are you manually tweaking the text files? Either way, you can change which keys SweetFX uses to switch on and off or reload the shaders. That way it won't interfere with taking screenies.

As for the text, yeah, you just need to play with the settings and with filters you run. Some do make the text go fuzzy. Just muck about with the settings till you get it how you like - may need to turn some filters off. The benefits outway the negatives for me though.
    I used this link: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?cat=3 and installed this: SweetFX Configurator_standalone_1.3.3

I ran that exe and changed the settings in there. I'm not smart enough to change the actual text files. There's a place to change 'injector settings' and I changed the keybind for screenshots there. Used F11 and several other keys and none took the picture with the effects on. Reloading and turning it off work fine - just not the screenshot keybind.

And good to know about the text. I guess I'll either get used to it or keep playing with the settings.
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

Keep playing with settings or use these my settings https://mega.co.nz/#!SR5n3ADY!dlH5Y3..._RBXY-f5vyiOSI

Taking screenshots normal ways makes Sweetfx effect disappear from screenies. You need special button for it. Or use Fraps to take screen shot

Quote Originally Posted by Mairenne View Post
    but when I open the menu of the game (interface options or whatever) or even reading the chat, any words/text is more pixilated than it was before - looks like crap
    Maybe it's caused by too high values of certain setting like HDR?

SweetFX was not written to support AoC or AoC was not designed to support such tools. F.e. the environment and characters are quite bland compared to skill icons - insreasing HDR values will improve the graphics, but will make the icons oversaturated and hard to read.

I'm running on darknessjw settings also and there are no issues with fonts.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast