Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

SweetFX increases your FPS a bit.
    I got + 5 increase in big cities

You should disable ingame AA because many times SweetFX won't work well before AA is disabled

Also, SweetFX AA is better than AoC's

Thanks everybody! Time to test it
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    SweetFX increases your FPS a bit.
    I got + 5 increase in big cities

You should disable ingame AA because many times SweetFX won't work well before AA is disabled

Also, SweetFX AA is better than AoC's
    i use both. its 2 different ways of aa so they shouldnt influence each other. never had any problems with it.

ANd i am not sure if sweetFX SMAA is the real SMAA. SMAA is said to have quite an influence on performance. the smaa from sweetfx is barely noticeable. confuses me.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 5th June 2013 at 14:35.

My game just crashes now after I installed sweetfx. I get to login screen and crash. Ten times.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    My game just crashes now after I installed sweetfx. I get to login screen and crash. Ten times.
    That happens sometimes. If using the Injector software, just remove and add it again, should work. But for some it never works.

Re: FXAA vs SMAA - if you have nVidia gfx card, you can use both ... if with ATI .. please turn off in game FXAA and just go with AMD's SMAA in SwFX. FXAA makes things blurry.

To those trying SweetFX for the first time, be sure to use the SweetFX Configurator at http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/ (also linked in OP)

It makes the whole process a lot easier, and you don't need a text editor to change settings.

I use both the built-in FXAA and the SMAA from SweetFX. It makes the image quality superb, with absolutely no visible jagged lines anywhere. I turned sharpening up a bit to combat the blur left by FXAA. The end result is stunning.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    That happens sometimes. If using the Injector software, just remove and add it again, should work. But for some it never works.

Re: FXAA vs SMAA - if you have nVidia gfx card, you can use both ... if with ATI .. please turn off in game FXAA and just go with AMD's SMAA in SwFX. FXAA makes things blurry.
    i have an amd card. nothing blurry with fxaa and smaa. with fxaa only it gets blurry.

PS: the crashing issue may be linked to that windows patch KB2670838. if you have it installed, deinstall it and then try aoc with sweetfx again.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 5th June 2013 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    PS: the crashing issue may be linked to that windows patch KB2670838. if you have it installed, deinstall it and then try aoc with sweetfx again.
    Good rule-of-thumb, don't let Windows Update apply any updates that update your graphic drivers. Always do that manually with the official graphic drivers from your card manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    i use both. its 2 different ways of aa so they shouldnt influence each other. never had any problems with it.

ANd i am not sure if sweetFX SMAA is the real SMAA. SMAA is said to have quite an influence on performance. the smaa from sweetfx is barely noticeable. confuses me.
    No idea about whether it's real SMAA or not but SweetFX AA can be adjusted for more or less effect via the configuration settings. If you crank it up all the way it does have a noticeable performance hit.

How do you actually get this thing to work with AoC.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast