Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mairenne View Post
    ...but when I open the menu of the game (interface options or whatever) or even reading the chat, any words/text is more pixilated than it was before - looks like crap. How do I fix that so it looks normal again? Right now it looks more like a 1970s text cuz it's all choppy.
    Does anyone know how to fix that? Cause I have exactly same problem when I use sweetfx.
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

In IT, we learn a process called 'diagnosis'. Humanity has been doing it for millennia. When we're not chopping off limbs.

I suggest backing up your existing SweetFX files, then starting afresh and doing one thing at a time and observe the result. It can take time. But these are the joys of PC'ing.

SweetFX has a sweet feature that allows it to be adjusted dynamically, or real-time. Anything you do to the config file happens instantly. If it doesn't, hit the scroll lock key (err, I think it was that, it's been a while since I've had to hit it) to enable/disable and activate the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairenne View Post
    The game itself is awesome, but when I open the menu of the game (interface options or whatever) or even reading the chat, any words/text is more pixilated than it was before - looks like crap. How do I fix that so it looks normal again?
    Easiest solution is to disable anti-aliasing. Find the settings file and configure:
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0
    #define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 0

If you really want anti-aliasing, you can leave them on, but then you'd have to tweak their various thresholds (look further down the settings file) by trial and error to minimize text distortion.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Lower lumasharpen and FSAA values
    Try this....

Also, use only 1 AA option, not both. And game AA need to be disabled before using SweetFX in order to make it fully work

Anyone else having trouble getting this to work under DX10? I had to reinstall windows (always asking for trouble I suppose), and now it doesn't work. I run DX9 it's fine, but DX10, it's like it doesn't see it. The log file shows its running, but nothing happens. The game runs fine, no crashing, just no graphics tweaks. Bizarrely it was working fine a few weeks back.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting this to work under DX10? I had to reinstall windows (always asking for trouble I suppose), and now it doesn't work. I run DX9 it's fine, ...
    After doing some testing I've found that DX10 is twitchy in AoC. So I always stick with DX9. DX9 and SweetFX work well together (game looks awesome!). So in AoC I just stick with DX9.

How much juice does SweetFX really need? Is there a considerable loss in fps from using it?

Also, should I turn off ingame Anti Aliasing while it is on or does sweetfx fix that for me?

Lastly, is general consensus that it works better (graphics vs framerate ratio) with dx9 over dx10?
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    How much juice does SweetFX really need? Is there a considerable loss in fps from using it?

Also, should I turn off ingame Anti Aliasing while it is on or does sweetfx fix that for me?

Lastly, is general consensus that it works better (graphics vs framerate ratio) with dx9 over dx10?
    Believe it or not, I actually improved my fps with sweetfx, pretty much standard settings, just turn of ingame AA and use sweetfx AA, looks awesome and sharp as hell! I use it on dx10

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post

I'm playing on maxed DX10 and actually I've noticed a minor increase in fps and stability (before I used to have stalls f.e. at the first add pull on Sheng) since I'm running SweetFX.

I turned off AA in the game (and it's recommended IIRC), but I played a bit with it on and there was no difference in quality or stability (it seems it's ignored anyway).

I have no fps issues with sweet fx on. Turned everything ingame on highest setting, DX10 and full AA. Ingame aa + Sweetfx results in best visual quality. no pixels can be seen, but the graphics arent blurry with just ingame aa. so ingame aa + sweet fx = sharp textures and nox visual pixels with no fps loss.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast