Thread: Pet Necro at 80 for PVP/PvE?

Default Pet Necro at 80 for PVP/PvE?

Are pet necro's at 80 viable for PvP/PvE? And I'm not talking about bombs.

Is there a certain combination of pets that's good to use? I also know there is a feat in the reanimation tree that can give you 3 extra pet points but you take more damage - no idea how much.

Thanks

I can't answer your question on pet combinations because I have close to zero experience with a necro, but I can tell you that that each extra pet point you get using "One with Death" feat you will take 50% more damage for a total of 150%. Unless they have changed it since 2008. Absolutely not worth it all. You would get 1 shot in PvP. I'm sure you wouldn't last long in PvE either if a boss/mob does an AoE attack.

Demo's and Necro's tend to have a lot of useless feat spells in their trees.
    Last edited by hope1; 1st January 2014 at 15:10.

The simple answer is no, most if not all competitive necro's run full despoil the soul. Also Id stay away from that feat in pvp, you give up much too much survivability for the damage increase gained. Now for duel's and solo pvp you you get away with running pets, some actually recommend it.

Hopefully in the future it will be possible to run pets or even mix and match a few pets with a few stacks of despoil the soul, but in the current build id stay away from them for group pvp.

In the near future I'm coming out with a more pvp centric guide to the necromancer, if you can't view it since you're F2P then I'll PM you it. Cheers and Good luck!

*edit* thought you said for only pvp, they are completely viable and imo recommended in pve
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 2nd January 2014 at 17:31.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I myself haven't played necromancer past level 30 or so, but I have seen a great variety of necromancers run a great variety of builds, from full no pets or one pet for sacrificing and frenzying, to 4 Reapers, to 8 Lifestealers, to 8 Mutilators, to a combination of the big casters and little casters. I personally see 4 Reapers and no pets to be the more viable of those bunch in the limited PvP experience I have dared to have, but in PvE, I have heard that the melee pets give more dps, especially 8 Mutilators. But again, there is a great variety of playstyles among necromancers at level 80.

Just as a clarification to the answers already given:

Pet Necros are completely viable in PvE. In fact, most successful players take this path.

Here's some information about playing the endgame as a Necromancer:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=186956
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

I remember being in a Levi raid with 15 nectros 4 healers and 5 tanks and with tgeextra pet points from on with death (lots of us ran that) and a mix of lifestealers and reapers we leroyed Levi in no time at all.

And unfortunatly pet necros are much more forgivig and higher dps then none pet as the micro management of buffs and rotation as well as sw etc can lead to suicide if your not used to that kind of intense gaming.

For pvp its the same thing but people tend to use hybrid builds so they aren't reliant on those pets but they can be damn handy from time to time.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate it.