Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin Build thread

Please make sure all comments made towards other builds posted are constructive. If you think a build is bad, please state why you think that, don't just say it's a bad build.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Sticky the build threads please.
    Stickied. If you want other threads stickied please PM a moderator with the link of the thread. It's much easier if we know exactly which thread to sticky rather than a generic statement such as this.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Talking Kidney shots?

Hey!

im using this build for my sin PVE raiding/group
    http://goo.gl/Oo0py
    (yes i need cheat the reaper )

but my question is about kidney shots and how it affect my dps.
    it has quite along cooldown and i dont see any buff going when i pop it. becouse of lack of time, i only ran 4 parse log on a dummy 2 with and 2 without kidney shots and it didnt seem to have any effect.
    ( but maybe that is of the inconsistency: we where hiting the dummy with 5 sins)

is it better to spec it into dark weapons?
    dark weapons seems to do a good amount of dmg
    can someone enlighten me about kidney shots?

Kidney Shots (KS) has 2m cooldown (as far as I remember), but it has pretty unique mechanic:

Once used it won't give you buff until and unless you hit something. After first hit you will get first stack of 1 x buff, if you keep hitting/doing combos the KS will eventually give you 5 x stacks (full effect).

Therefor it is diffucult to measure KS's effectivnes since it changes over time. Probably it's best to test KS's DPS contribution at full 5 x stack.
    Retired

DPS spec Great DPS, survivability and decent CCs.

Hate spec Pretty much only used for the first two T4 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by jauertussen View Post
    i have to agree that i find the raid specs not so nice.

first of all a rouge in raids shud provide the minus hate buff to grp, acculy the only reason to bring a rouge at all exept fh and tw in t4.

2 there are very few areas where u as a sin get aoe damage that crits so speccing LO i find little irrelevant. dull pain can be handy many places. just like the charge(encounters where u move alot) and kb, more cc u wont need.

3 i find also in certain figths avatar handy like entity where u can keep nuking doe to the leach, but its alot of points so more spread feats will give u more dps.
    1. You only really need two rogues for distraction (i.e. two DPS groups), pref barbs.

2. I pretty much never run out on e.g. Entity's bombardment when on projections. If Overload don't trigger then I use Dull Pain.

3. I never use Avatar for that reason (see above) but yeah it can be nice otherwise. Overdose is better DPS but I manage fine with Avatar.

Hi,

I currently use this build for Raids only, I know there are a few crap skills feated but i need to get down the tree somehow

Gives u about 1850-1950 depending a bit on crit luck(without pots) on straw man from spawn to despawn in T4 gear (without cape(khitai) and weapons(T3))

http://aocfeats.com/feat/sin/1222716...9400691a4694c6

Why not spend the extra to Points on Lotus Overdose? Because i haven't got the shards for it, my rota bruns them pretty quick especially when using CoD

I have considered post 1.6 assassin to be very poor when it comes to the amount of viable speccs.

But seeing this thread I can now see that it's true only when it comes to PVP/solo PVE.

People have a lot of different ideas about raiding. I am not a raider so I wouldn't really know, but it's nice to see such build variation.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Kidney Shots (KS) has 2m cooldown (as far as I remember), but it has pretty unique mechanic:

Once used it won't give you buff until and unless you hit something. After first hit you will get first stack of 1 x buff, if you keep hitting/doing combos the KS will eventually give you 5 x stacks (full effect).

Therefor it is diffucult to measure KS's effectivnes since it changes over time. Probably it's best to test KS's DPS contribution at full 5 x stack.
    If you apply it before GC you usually get 5 stacks on the GC finisher. It then adds piercing damage for a few seconds. I have't parsed it, but i think it has effect since i often have to use an aggro dump soon after
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I have considered post 1.6 assassin to be very poor when it comes to the amount of viable speccs.

But seeing this thread I can now see that it's true only when it comes to PVP/solo PVE.

People have a lot of different ideas about raiding. I am not a raider so I wouldn't really know, but it's nice to see such build variation.
    It is great fun and inspirational too. I have felt a little bit stuck in my sinning and haven't experimented a lot for a while. Now i am encouraged to do it again

For raiding i guess it comes down to what your task is in a given fight. Using the Keeper fight in T3 as an example. If i am on adds duty, I will want burst damage that kills the adds quickly. If I am on the boss i will want to have manageable streaming DPS with lots of DoTs running instead.

Another factor is if you need to add CCs to the table or rely on the rest of the team to provide the CC lock.

This opens up for a variety of build options. Avatar and LO builds scare me as they seem to rip aggro too much. Avatar will give you health back, sure, but when it is run out I am left without shards and i WILL have ripped aggro from the tank. (In my experience anyway)

Question, I have never really specced deep into Lotus and gone for the Baneful Venom. Reason being that i felt the 10 points it would cost me a to get it fully feated was too steep. (I don't like using DWW or GB for the shard consumption.) But does Baneful come on as an additional DoT along with Dread Venom, or is it replacing it?

So if i do SDS and then apply CLD do i get both venom dots?
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Baneful venom does not replace dread venom and does not get consumed from CLD,it's an extra dot and usually it will parse higher than vile corruption (avatar side equivalent) as far as i have tested.

Also in my opinion you should not think that if you specc grave's blossom "you have to use" it.At least it is in my rotation on raids only for extra burst/aoe at certain situations and probably when necrotic empowerment is running so it does not meddle with my miasmas or CoD or dull pain etc.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 7th March 2013 at 12:19.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast