Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Hey, all I can say is I have a GTX 680 and I almost never crash and my settings are maxed, with a resolution of 2560x1600. You can't really crank it harder than that.

Some computers really just don't have a problem. For all I know, I'm the exception to the rule, though from what I've read, other people have found luck in doing one thing or another that stops their game from crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Hey, all I can say is I have a GTX 680 and I almost never crash
    Stopped reading there, that means you are affected just like the others. I don't crash frequently either, but I still do.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Flip coin and see what you got. One side crashes the game, other won't. Repeat every second with coin which has more sides than 2

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Stopped reading there, that means you are affected just like the others. I don't crash frequently either, but I still do.
    Sure, I can crash, but one crash every 50 or so hours of time played would make it very difficult to figure out the real problem. I have always had roughly the exact same crash risk, with the same types of crashes, for the entirety of my time playing AOC since launch. For the first few years of that I was running ATI cards.

someone in guild mentioned that the new nvidia beta drivers might have solved the crashes, any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    I don't believe that for a second.

I believe that if they took any hardware setup that's out there, threw a GTX 600 series KEPLER card into the slot and turned graphics up to absolute max, then they could crash repeatedly in northern crashlands.
    I have every setting set to max, on a 660ti, under DirectX10 and SweetFX on top doin' some magic, and the crashes has vanished completely. Just a few months ago the drivers were crashing like there was no tomorrow. This **** is so random that I (for once) understand FunCom..
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekorn View Post
    This **** is so random that I (for once) understand FunCom..
    We all know it's impossible to reproduce accurately. That hasn't been mystery to anyone. We would have found out what setting (realy) matters and what (realy) makes us crash less or even let us crash no more if there was something like that. If they can't see what their code is doing as the crash happens i don't know how it can be fixed. They have told us of this magical tool from nvidia they are using to figure out this but it has been months since we heard they had that. This propably will never get fixed as they don't know what their code is suposed to do. Maybe they shouldn't have fired THAT guy who does.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    someone in guild mentioned that the new nvidia beta drivers might have solved the crashes, any info?
    Cannot be, they only came out few days ago. You cannot test problem like this in few days. It can take months to get crash in rare times

I started running the latest nividia beta driver. GTX 670 SLI. No crashes in DX10. Everything maxed.

I didn't crash for a month or so after turning off wind in trees, but in the last week I started doing yag, and I crashed there twice out of three runs.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast