Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

I have heard that if you can very slightly increase the voltage to your GPU using a modded firmware update, it can fix this problem. The reason behind it is that some people claim the 600 series GPU's are underpowered.

Obviously, this option is only for the tech savvy, and take it with a pinch of salt.

We have tried all the above (including voltage). It did not help.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Why create more topics about same thing.

@Mods

Can you merge this to main thread?

If you want to play age of conan don't go for nvidia's 600-series! Any other game runs great with it but age of conan is hell with it. Also what i would note here is that this issue has been around for a year and funcom has told us they are looking into it but they don't seem to be willing to figure it out as the problem still exists so it most likely will not get fixed. For any other game 600-series is good but for aoc you should get ati.

For some reason, all the issues with my 660TI just stopped.. Haven't had a crash in weeks. Granted, I play less, but earlier I would 100% certainly crash while doing Enigmata, but last few weeks there has been none.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Default 600 series fix for me

So the crashes / black screens were a big problem. I was looking on the nvidia site to see what I might do to solve this issue. Nothing that I could find.

So I seen the beta 320 driver. Thought Id give it a try.

Been using it for a week or more, and no crashes, no black screens.

Smooth as ever.

I have not tried to run the game in dx 10 yet. I am running dx 9 w/ all shadows up. Details Max. And still going smooth.

Hope this helps

I would like some kind of status update on why I can't play a FIVE YEAR OLD GAME on a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR GPU.

I've tried every stinking "fix" on this thread and still crash routinely. Within an hour of logging in every time. The only way I don't crash is to turn the graphics down to medium, and that's simply not acceptable on next gen hardware. I'm not subbed for a "medium" experience. I'm subbed for the full DX10 monty.

I'm simply astounded that so many players can have the same issue on the same hardware for over a year and there's still no fix.

Absolutely absurd.

It seems like Funcom's problem is the crash isn't easily reproduce-able for them for whatever reason. Some computers just don't have a problem. Maybe Funcom needs to get an entire computer off someone who is having easily repeatable/frequent crashes so they could narrow down the issue. Without that, they would have to keep building different computers with new hardware until they find a set that starts crashing. And we all know that is unfeasible.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It seems like Funcom's problem is the crash isn't easily reproduce-able for them for whatever reason. Some computers just don't have a problem. Maybe Funcom needs to get an entire computer off someone who is having easily repeatable/frequent crashes so they could narrow down the issue. Without that, they would have to keep building different computers with new hardware until they find a set that starts crashing. And we all know that is unfeasible.
    I don't believe that for a second.

I believe that if they took any hardware setup that's out there, threw a GTX 600 series KEPLER card into the slot and turned graphics up to absolute max, then they could crash repeatedly in northern crashlands.

I don't believe it either. They just haven't really tried hard enough - or maybe they were in stable zone or/and with low graphic settings.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast