Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Default DXGI Fix for nVidia 6xx?

Another DXGI thread

I think i got rid of DXGI chrash but still not sure so i ask more ppl for testing. Currently running game with dx 10 wind in trees ON and grass Enabled for over week without crash.

I run win 7 and I did following:

1. In win 7 power options go to change your current profile and go to change advanced options. find PCI Express Link state power management and set it to Off.

2. Open nVidia control panel, select manage 3d settings (global of just for game), find "power management mode" and set it to "Prefer maximum performance"

If game keeps crashing post here. If not enjoy your game

Default 660 TI vid card

Just wanted to check if anyone has any issues running Conan with this particular card. I heard something about the 600 series not running well with AoC. Going to buy this one soon, though.

Any help on this would be great, thanks.

Video Card (Newegg Website)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130817
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

I run a gigabyte GTX 660 ti and it runs the game exceptionally well, in conjunction with a 3570k @ 3.8Ghz.

and yes you will still get the stupid DX crash that all people with a the 600 series complain about. It can happen as often as every half an hour or some days will not happen at all. From my experience it happens about 1-2 times during a 4-5 hour game session.

Thanks for the quick response Mcfiend, much appreciated.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

That happens to be what my settings are at (I probably set them that way when I first set my computer up), and I don't have the same issues that are widely reported. So this could potentially be a contributing factor.

My graphics card is a GTX 680.

I moved this thread to technical issues. There are posts here regarding the 600 series cards as well.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Not sure why would you buy that over a gtx 670 at same price. Id pay the extra 20 and get the 7970 but that is my opinion.
    Last edited by Phishbone; 13th May 2013 at 03:20.

I bought a 660Ti in January and I've had to stop playing Age of Conan completely due to the non-stop random crashes. It's true you may go an entire play session without a single crash but it's also true you can expect multiple crashes at other times... last time I logged in I joined a T3 raid and crashed five times in ten minutes standing around waiting for the raid to finish filling. I've got a lengthy email exchange with tech support about the problem and the bottom line seems to be they don't seem to have any idea how to fix it... the good news is AoC is the only game that I've had any trouble with since getting the card, other than this issue with this one game the card has been great.
    Last edited by cwcurr01; 13th May 2013 at 03:33.

And then there's the people with almost no problems. I run a 680 and I can go into T1/T2/T3 perfectly. Occasionally in W2 my game has short freezes, but otherwise it's perfect.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181221

Have you tried what's suggested here. There are three forum links on this page listing possible solutions for the 600 series crashing issues. I have to run my game in the 2.0 shader along with running a graphics card monitor that I can set the voltage with etc and since then my game has run great.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast