Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Default Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Ok so looks like we need to do this all over again. So if you are getting this error you most likely have nvidia's 600-series. Sometimes you get this even with cards from earlier series from nvidia.
    So far funcom hasn't been able to fix this major issue. This issue isn't fixed by getting some other version of drivers you now have. Sure IF funcom works this out with nvidia some day they might be able to fix this with driver update but so far we are still waiting on funcom to work on this problem. As for now they have had countless reports from us players and they haven't been able to figure out what is causing this. Or so they said months ago as they were last heard of. So let's report everything here and make enough noise so they would fix this nasty issue some day.

Only fix for this issue that is proven to work is to make your Prefs_3.xml read-only. This will not help with the issue that the game would crash any less but at least you don't need to set your settings every time the game crashes because this issue. Note that you can't save any settings from game if the file is read-only so you can make changes for the session only.

The file can be found on a win7 machine from:
    Users\<login name>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs\

So keep reports coming and hopefully they will get to the bottom of this and fix it.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 29th July 2013 at 17:29.

And if you want to crash less frequently (while losing eye candy) you can turn off grass and/or wind in trees and/or enhanced ocean waves.

You can still get the occasional Kepler crash but for example you should be able to roam about in Khitai big outdoor areas (or Poitain, or Yag etc). If I don't turn these off I can be almost 100% sure that I will get crashes in those places.

If you have a SSD I guess keeping everything maxed out and making the prefs file read-only is a good solution though

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    And if you want to crash less frequently (while losing eye candy) you can turn off grass and/or wind in trees and/or enhanced ocean waves.

You can still get the occasional Kepler crash but for example you should be able to roam about in Khitai big outdoor areas (or Poitain, or Yag etc). If I don't turn these off I can be almost 100% sure that I will get crashes in those places.

If you have a SSD I guess keeping everything maxed out and making the prefs file read-only is a good solution though
    I have found that setting grass to low works as well. I have never turned off enhanced ocean waves, but since turning off wind in trees and setting grass to low I have yet to see this error again. Of course this isn't a fix, but at least it's a work-around.

New Nvidia drivers yesterday. Any luck with these?

There we go, Kepler crash in Khesh with my settings :P

And I cba ugprading my drivers yet, but I'm willing to bet it won't change sh!t.

Ah well, putting prefs_3 on read only then. Got a SSD coming soon too, luckily.
    Last edited by kalston; 5th March 2013 at 21:17.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    New Nvidia drivers yesterday. Any luck with these?
    Nvidia can only fix the issue if they are aware of it. As far as i know funcom will not contact them about this issue before they have figured out what is causing it. I would have contacted them right away to make sure what is it so different in the 600-series that mainly 600-series cards are crashing. Anyway no news from funcom for months now so i bet they haven't been working on this for that time at least and the last update what we got from them made me sure they haven't put much work into figuring this out.

Just to remind you all that old forums are being archived and will soon (tm) be avaiable for read (only).
    When it come, you will be able to copy past all the precious data you want to new post on thoses new forums.

Tarib posted the link to archives here, we will warn you when they are ready.

Default Nvidia 600 series cards. Possible solution!

I made a new character when I returned to the game 5 months ago. Since the day I arrived in Connels Valley with my new character I started crashing. I crashed a LOT. At times I would crash 2-3 times in 10 minutes.

I then discovered that if I use DX9 I would get a black screen for a few seconds instead of a crash and then the game would recover and go on.

I have now found a new solution!

I have added Age Of Conan to my list of games in Nvidia Control Panel->Manage 3D settings->Program settings. At the bottom of the list there is an option for Vertical Sync. I changed this to "Adaptive."

I have done this before the weekend and over the weekend I have raided heavily and solo'd a lot constantly running from one zone to another. This was with DX9 and all my setting to high and I had not 1 crash or black screen !!

Today I started feeling cocky and switched to DX10 with full settings and again I had no crashes or black screens at all. One thing I did notice was that sometimes there would be a brief stutter lasting 1 second but I'll take it over what was happening before.

The default setting is "Use the 3D application setting" so maybe if Funcom change the AoC default setting to "Adaptive" no one would have this problem anymore.

Please if you have been having problems like mine and this solution fixes things for you post here and let us know.

It does not work for me. Crashes less but still crashes. And I can't stand the mouse lag from v-sync nor the feeling of going from v-sync ON to v-sync OFF (since that's what "adaptive" v-sync does, it turns itself ON or OFF depending on the scene load).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Upping the card voltage, should help also.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast