Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Just a heads up...

Deleting the shader files did help a bit with the crashing, so I suggest doing this each time you update your drivers. Obviously this isn't a fix, but I didn't crash at all last night compared to 4-5 times the night before.

I have rebuilt my PC last week and tried running the game on DX10 with 'High' video settings.
    I was having a good time experiencing the best of AOC graphics for the first time riding through Northern Grasslands on my tiger mount and then BAM the screen went black then AOC closed itself with the Dxgi.error.
    After turning off all the eye candy settings as mentioned in this post I see the error less frequently, mainly in Raids or Enigmata of Yag. However I can easily reproduce the issue with the settings on high as AOC will crash within 30 minutes.

I know my system isn’t the most powerful but I was able to run AOC on High settings with FPS of 40-80 depending on where I was in the game and did not notice any slow performance at all.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel i5-3470 Quad Core (3.2 GHz)
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz (kingston)
    Card name: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    SSD: 128GB Sata3 Samsung PRO 840 Series - with OS and AOC installed.
    MB: B75 Gigabyte [GA-B75MD3H]

note I don’t do any overclocking.

It happens, no matter what system you have. You just need to have 6xx and you are done.

And your system is great for AoC. AoC works exact same with bad and good computers and that is not good thing

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    AoC works exact same with bad and good computers and that is not good thing
    Yes this is sad and true. Well at least ssd makes the game run "better" (faster load times and removes some tiny loading related stuttering from the game) compared to hdd but other than that a good computer and a super computer runs the game about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    It happens, no matter what system you have. You just need to have 6xx and you are done.

And your system is great for AoC. AoC works exact same with bad and good computers and that is not good thing
    It NEVER happens for NVidia and Funcom. That is why we need their specifications to see where our systems fail. I even crashed in T3 the other day.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    It NEVER happens for NVidia and Funcom. That is why we need their specifications to see where our systems fail. I even crashed in T3 the other day.
    So you realy believe them or just kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    I seriously hope he is joking

After building a new PC in January, complete with 650 GPU, I finally managed to see the game in high settings with DX10 rather than low and DX9. Then I started getting the dxgi errors very regularly and almost threw the card out. However, since I installed SweetFX back in February, I have only seen the error once (and yes, I am on-line in one form or another virtually every day for a few hours at a time).

Don't know whether that may be a coincidence. Have not tweaked any settings in SweetFX, all left at default. Not tried it in any raids or large groups yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shani View Post
    After building a new PC in January, complete with 650 GPU, I finally managed to see the game in high settings with DX10 rather than low and DX9. Then I started getting the dxgi errors very regularly and almost threw the card out. However, since I installed SweetFX back in February, I have only seen the error once (and yes, I am on-line in one form or another virtually every day for a few hours at a time).

Don't know whether that may be a coincidence. Have not tweaked any settings in SweetFX, all left at default. Not tried it in any raids or large groups yet though.
    well if think sweetfx helps with the crashing that's not true as i have crashed again all night and i too am using sweetfx.
    It's just the nature of the bug i know it can be like a month without a crash and then boom you crahs 20 times a night. This is the reason funcom is strugling with this. It seems like you realy can't make the game to crash but under some specific circumstances the crash is likely to occure like going to enigmata of yag for example.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    Our service centers check failed computer parts in the same way. They almost always work for them.
    But again, how did Funcom and NVidia manage not to crash with all the resources they have to test the bug?!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast