Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Our service centers check failed computer parts in the same way. They almost always work for them.
    But again, how did Funcom and NVidia manage not to crash with all the resources they have to test the bug?!
    Well if you haven't been paying attention to what they have said. They are having trouble reproducing it. Meaning they can't get the game to crash every time under certain conditions. We all know already it is like that. It's either impossible to do or extremely difficult to reproduce the exact conditions under which the game will crash every time.
    I'm sure they get the game to crash fine as we do. They just don't seem to get it that they aren't going to find out the cause by trying to reproduce it. We have tried and we are quite many here. If we can't do it in a year a couple of guys (without the same motivation as we have) at funcom and nvidia trying this like 30minutes aren't going to get anywhere. So what they need to do is put much more resources on this and not give up before they have figured it out. They need to drop everything else and make it their only task.
    What they have done for this is insufficient and way way too little or this would have been solved when it started A YEAR AGO.

Has anyone tried the new card, called GeForce TITAN?
    Is it the same crash as on 600 series ??

650 2GB card here and crashing.... I wish I could produce a crap product and get people to pay for it...

After disabling wind in trees I have not had this crash until today. Curiously, both crashed happened when I clicked resurrect in Lost Temple.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

The only way I could find around the random blackscreen crashes is to lower the settings. However I even had one blackscreen with medium settings.

I have a EVGA OC 660 TI I just bought in January too. 16GB of ram and an I5 processor.

In DX10 the game completely crashes and I get an error. In DX9 I get a blackscreen and then the game comes back up but with a very low choppy FPS.

The new card cost me $320 and this is a bigtime letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by mastroakq View Post
    The only way I could find around the random blackscreen crashes is to lower the settings. However I even had one blackscreen with medium settings.

I have a EVGA OC 660 TI I just bought in January too. 16GB of ram and an I5 processor.

In DX10 the game completely crashes and I get an error. In DX9 I get a blackscreen and then the game comes back up but with a very low choppy FPS.

The new card cost me $320 and this is a bigtime letdown.
    Turn off Wind in Trees.
    II have a 680 and it fixed all of my crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    With all due respect we as paying customers don't realy care who is the one not doing their job but it's funcom who's product doesn't work and we are paying them money to be able to enjoy their product. So they are directly responsible of faulty product they are making us pay for. We SHOULD blame them for this as it is THEIR job to do anything it takes to provide us with the WORKING product we pay them for..
    well actually this is a totally flawed judgement.
    The game is working fine with 5xx series.
    everybody agreed to say that the problem is with the nvidia 6xx series i think.
    So how is it that it is Funcom fault and not Nvidia ? because your card is working fine with other games ? well the game is fine with Ati cards too.
    Remember that when a company design an game engine, they do it with the specifications provided by card constructors. Again, why funcom is only to blame ?
    And yet you are here barking around againts Funcom. and yet you are still playing to play the game.
    could it be that if any of you barkers will go complain like you doing on nvidia forums, you will get an instant ban ? and yet Funcom is letting you posting....
    i know that this post is going to infuriate some peoples, but come one, if you go to buy food in a shop, and you don't like it, you come back the next day, complain about it and then buy the same food again ?....

Quote Originally Posted by -Hubok View Post
    Turn off Wind in Trees.
    II have a 680 and it fixed all of my crashes.
    Crashing still happens. It is just a myth. I played almost a month without crashes, all settings high +. And suddenly crashing started again.

Tried also without wind in trees and crashed after few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by irishterion View Post
    well actually this is a totally flawed judgement.
    The game is working fine with 5xx series.
    everybody agreed to say that the problem is with the nvidia 6xx series i think.
    So how is it that it is Funcom fault and not Nvidia ? because your card is working fine with other games ? well the game is fine with Ati cards too.
    Remember that when a company design an game engine, they do it with the specifications provided by card constructors. Again, why funcom is only to blame ?
    And yet you are here barking around againts Funcom. and yet you are still playing to play the game.
    could it be that if any of you barkers will go complain like you doing on nvidia forums, you will get an instant ban ? and yet Funcom is letting you posting....
    i know that this post is going to infuriate some peoples, but come one, if you go to buy food in a shop, and you don't like it, you come back the next day, complain about it and then buy the same food again ?....
    You already quoted the answer to your question.
    Again age of conan is product of funcom. I have bought this product and i am paying to play it. They are responsible of this product to work as it should. They have advertised the game was ment to be played with nvidia. So i and many others have gone out and bought nvidia's display adapter so we could enjoy the game as they advertised it was ment to be played. Now if they would have said this game doesn't support nvidia's 600 series and we should go for nvidia's 600-series knowing we might not be able to play the game with nvidia's 600-series it would be our own fault since we were dumb enough to do so knowing the game wouldn't propably work.
    But no! They basicly told us "hey get that new nvidia card because that's what the game is ment to be played with!" So we go out and buy the card and go into the game ....and now the game is crashing all the time! Ok if the card was faulty or the drivers were bad you would see it in other games as well but since every other game is working perfectly and switching into another version of drivers doesn't help we know that it's this one product made by funcom that's not working as it should. If other game developers get their games to work just fine with the new 600-series why can't funcom do it? Well i tell you why. They don't think we are as valuable to them that they should waste their resources into fixing this problem. Sure they have put like one guy at this problem but he's had no luck reproducing the crash. Now we all know it's something to do with how this 600-series differs from all the other series before it. But that's as much as we know. What they could do at funcom is they could find out. Sure it takes more resources than just couple of hours of that one guys time but they could figure this out if they contacted nvidia and figured it out with them. The guys at nvidia should know what the new cards are doing differently compared to the old ones. This all just cost money. Money that funcom doesn't seem to care to spend on age of conan to work for all of us. They think that it's better for them to have us "barking" customers who only want to play the game. They know we love the game. They know there's no other game out there like it. So no matter how much it crashes we have to pay them for it. That's the reason they don't seem to care about how it works as long as it works just that much we keep the money coming.
    So for your bad food thing and such i'm not going to even comment as they were so not what's going on with this problem at hand.
    But it's more like funcom is a bakery and they sell you the bread and as a customer of bakery you would assume you can put butter over your bread. They would even tell you "this bread is ment to be eaten with butter". Now you go home with te bread and put some butter on it and eat it and get a horrible stomach flu because there is something in the bread they are making that causes the butter to turn poisonous! So who would you blame? The butter is fine and with any other baker's bread it's so good an healthy but with their bread it causes some weird chemical reaction to turn the butter into poison. Thing they at that one bakery that sold you the bread would be responsible of how their bread makes you sick? No? Well i think they are responsible. They would think they are responsible and they would say they are sorry and compensate you for all the trouble they have caused. Funcom tells us they can't figure out what's making the bread turn the butter into poison ...and that was what they have done about it in a year. Hope you enjoyed this stupid wall of text and understand what's going on little better.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast