Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

It doesn't happen to me.

My spec:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

But it did happen to a guildie of mine with basically the same spec (esp graphic card is GTX 570 as well) until he found a driver version of some time ago (different one than I use), that didn't crash any more.

That means that there are things involved that aren't obvious, so it's perfectly understandable that it isn't easy to reproduce.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Thats because you have wrong card.
    It is very common with 600 series

@Rydon

Computer does not boot.

If DX10 = Game crashes randomly with "driver" crash error
    If DX9 = Screen turns black, then returns to game again but with "idle" mode power until you change area (very bad fps). Very annoying especially in Jhebbal

Guys - I got nothing on solutions, but don't blame just Funcom for not being able to fix this. They said NVidia couldn't replicate the problem either, and NVidia is the one that gave them the troubleshooting program they've got...which no, cannot be given out to the player base.

So It's not just Funcom that's struggling to fix this, the graphics card company itself can't either...don't forget that.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    If DX9 = Screen turns black, then returns to game again but with "idle" mode power until you change area (very bad fps). Very annoying especially in Jhebbal
    look for nvidiainspector.exe - allows frequencies settings and it can be called with parametres in command line -> so u can create batch file to reset frequencies to original state -> and if u have some keyboard with macros u can assign one to the bat file -> so after crash u can get default gaming frequencies on GK with just simple keypress

Crashed 3 times in a row in Enigmata of Yag. Switched to DX9, finished it, switched back to DX10.

Seems like the error is not linked to other hardware, as we all have different sockets, processors, and memory. ATI cards do have that bug as well. Thus, only ourselves, Microsoft, or Funcom is more likely to cause the problem.

What computers did Funcom use to test it? (Clean installations of both Windows and the game? All updates on? Which driver? Etc.) Maybe it will help us.

One person who claimed to never crash on his card, Lightning GTX680, which was exchanged 3 times on RMA rules, crashed recently as well.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 5th April 2013 at 08:45.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by S4Char1n View Post
    look for nvidiainspector.exe - allows frequencies settings and it can be called with parametres in command line -> so u can create batch file to reset frequencies to original state -> and if u have some keyboard with macros u can assign one to the bat file -> so after crash u can get default gaming frequencies on GK with just simple keypress
    I simply launch nvidia inspector while in game and it fixes the fps instantly. No batch, no command line, just alt tab, one click on it and back in game.
    (in dx10 though, and windowed fullscreen, but it should work in dx9 too)
    Last edited by kalston; 5th April 2013 at 10:04.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I play other games atm. So it is easiest fix, no need to do nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I simply launch nvidia inspector while in game and it fixes the fps instantly. No batch, no command line, just alt tab, one click on it and back in game.
    (in dx10, windowed fullscreen)
    it takes 5 mins max to create bat file and assign it to keyboard;
    since then u can stay ingame and fix frequencies with 1 button with no need to alt - tab and ur ok in less than 1sec after crash

I press the window key and click the nvinspector icon in my taskbar, easy enough.
    I don't have a keyboard with special keys or macros anyway.

And my point was that I don't even need a batch or any command line, clicking the .exe already resets the clocks (if you use default ones).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Guys - I got nothing on solutions, but don't blame just Funcom for not being able to fix this. They said NVidia couldn't replicate the problem either, and NVidia is the one that gave them the troubleshooting program they've got...which no, cannot be given out to the player base.

So It's not just Funcom that's struggling to fix this, the graphics card company itself can't either...don't forget that.
    With all due respect we as paying customers don't realy care who is the one not doing their job but it's funcom who's product doesn't work and we are paying them money to be able to enjoy their product. So they are directly responsible of faulty product they are making us pay for. We SHOULD blame them for this as it is THEIR job to do anything it takes to provide us with the WORKING product we pay them for.
    I surely could understand anything like this from free product but as money is involved (the amount isn't much or does it matter) I expect to get what i paid for and so should i.
    We have been waiting for them to fix this FOR A YEAR. That's how loyal customers we are but excuse us if AFTER A YEAR we are running out of patience as NOTHING visible is done.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast