Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Necro Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    All depends on the fight.
    Not only on the fight. Pets have some drawbacks like randomly dying in spellweave etc. I prefer a nightfall specc at Entity as it just outdps everything else right there (current record 2667dps).

Something I have been wondering is, I actually was thinking of this when t5 came. With setbonuses and stuff not affecting pets I would imagine a pure nightfall specc would outdps a pet necro.. A nightfall build can achive high dps but the aggro becomes an issue sooner than on a pet necro since pets have a lot minus hate.

Will be interesting to see once I get full t6 on my necro, the extra spell penetration might do a whole lot that would prefer a dts build over a pet build.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Not only on the fight. Pets have some drawbacks like randomly dying in spellweave etc. I prefer a nightfall specc at Entity as it just outdps everything else right there (current record 2667dps).

Something I have been wondering is, I actually was thinking of this when t5 came. With setbonuses and stuff not affecting pets I would imagine a pure nightfall specc would outdps a pet necro.. A nightfall build can achive high dps but the aggro becomes an issue sooner than on a pet necro since pets have a lot minus hate.

Will be interesting to see once I get full t6 on my necro, the extra spell penetration might do a whole lot that would prefer a dts build over a pet build.
    Its not all about your own class. Arcanists buff the entire group and debuff. Obviously, theres different ways to play it. In the majority of fights, pet necro will win.

/not here to argue
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Its not all about your own class. Arcanists buff the entire group and debuff. Obviously, theres different ways to play it. In the majority of fights, pet necro will win.

/not here to argue
    Certainly, and a melee pet build can potetionally buff a tos(storm nimbus), pom(hc) and barb(tfb).
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    4 minutes on Entity kill, thats pretty fast! But did you pick the damage buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    4 minutes on Entity kill, thats pretty fast! But did you pick the damage buff?
    Unless my logs are lying to me and all my observations are off the damage buff you can pick up in the Entity fight from the orange pillars is only for melee damage.

I tried it myself, but when in Despoil the Soul wearing full T4 and having that damage buff for its full 3 minute duration I couldn't break 6k on an Ice Strike crit I am inclined to think magic damage just does not benefit.
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 2nd March 2016 at 10:10.

/not here to argue
    And again, no Debuffs are better applied by a number of other classes, and the group buff is a meagre 5% Base Spell Damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Unless my logs are lying to me and all my observations are off the damage buff you can pick up in the Entity fight from the orange pillars is only for melee damage.

I tried it myself, but when in Despoil the Soul wearing full T4 and having that damage buff for its full 3 minute duration I couldn't break 6k on an Ice Strike crit I am inclined to think magic damage just does not benefit.
    You are probably right. Haven't done much Entity after the nerfing patch, maybe 2-3 times as DT. When you say that, I recall seeing higher combo damage but procs stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    And again, no Debuffs are better applied by a number of other classes, and the group buff is a meagre 5% Base Spell Damage.
    How about a parse to show for it?

I've yet to see a NF Necro out dps me.

Magic damage does very little for a Necro compared to crit/cdr.

I can't believe anyone is debating this. smiley face smiley face
    Last edited by Halfdead; 2nd March 2016 at 14:27.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

How about a parse to show for it?

I've yet to see a NF Necro out dps me.

Magic damage does very little for a Necro compared to crit/cdr.

I can't believe anyone is debating this. smiley face smiley face
    And Base Spell Damage does even less, as you should know.

As for a parse: I've stopped raiding for something like 9 months now due to various reasons, so I have no T6 parse, and the lastest is some T4 frome June. What fight do you want? Entity? Strom? T5 Yakhmar?
    Last edited by Nephturi; 2nd March 2016 at 15:02. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    And Base Spell Damage does even less, as you should know.

As for a parse: I've stopped raiding for something like 9 months now due to various reasons, so I have no T6 parse, and the lastest if some T4 frome June. What fight do you want? Entity? Strom? T5 Yakhmar?
    I'm done. Keep trolling though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast