Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Necro Builds

I don't have the Arena necklace, but i'll give it a try as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Gear: T5 Bracers, World Boss Cloak, Arena INT necklace, rest T4 (CON less DPS dagger and Talisman)
    AA: Pressig Strikes, Decisive Strikes, Will of the Sublime, Chilling Breath, Decays of Nature
    Set's Cold Hatred
    No potion buffs of any sort except Moonspill, no use of Tome of Epithur
    No spell weaving
    Strawman: The one from the Veteran Rewards vendor, which expires after 3 minutes.

Several Runs with the With Withered Soul and Unholy Inspiration build from above with four Arcanists. Haven't had the time to test the other one yet. Each run over the three minutes I did around 280k damage, with natural variance.

Then several runs with the Despoil the Soul build. The best one did 246k damage over these three minutes.

Both numbers should be reproducible by everyone. If someone under these conditions manages to reach significantly higher numbers with the same gear and a Despoil the Soul build, I really would want to learn how he did it. No irony, no sarcasm.
    Of course, 3min of countinuous dps parse with zero second spellwave necro buff lol, might as well log your wave of flame demo.

What now if you used 2 arcanists and sw let's say 40 sec out of the 3mn total just the time to get some crit and eventually feated parasitic stuff? ^^

in some fights you're not allowed to go into spellweaving, not even for as low as 40 seconds. so it's indeed a good thing to optimize the build for those occasions.

however, without spellweave, a necro cannot have aggro problems, so there's no need to waste points in the general tree.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    in some fights you're not allowed to go into spellweaving, not even for as low as 40 seconds. so it's indeed a good thing to optimize the build for those occasions.

however, without spellweave, a necro cannot have aggro problems, so there's no need to waste points in the general tree.
    In that case i would rather optimize in sinergy with what OTHER characters are in my group and the boss specifics (more magic or physical protection?, melee access or ranged only?, aoes?) rather than my personal dps on a strawman for 3mn straight and comparing to NF without spellwave because there is a lot more to gain there to compensate the loss of a necro that can't spellwave... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    however, without spellweave, a necro cannot have aggro problems.
    Off the top of my head Zaal caster phase, Obsidian Basilisk, Arbanus and Gyas above 50% and the golem adds on the Emperor come to mind as encounters where with less than perfect tanks a necro without spell weaving can have aggro problems.

As a DPS, it's part of your job to manage your aggro according to your tanks.
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Thats just a weak excuse for being a crap tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    And part of 'managing aggro' is to get aggro reduction abilities for fights where they are useful ...

Last time i checked this it was "pull pets if get aggro" and if you survived, then resend them and visit the fridge (hopefully for beer, but milk is almost as good too).

I'm usually specced Nightfall. It takes a bit more work