Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [CROM] Attention RP Guilds!

A warm welcome to The Amazons!
    May you thrive on Crom!

Welcome to Crom, Heaven of the White Leopard!

Legion of Amun Ra removed from the list.
    Last edited by Asfrid; 7th October 2013 at 20:36.

As I'm withdrawing from the community, someone else will have to take over and re-do this thread if needed.

Take care people!

Over and our,
    /Asfrid

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have only just arrived to this server and was hoping I might be able to RP with some of you at some point.

I've bene hoping to run into some RP, but I have yet to encounter a single event, RPer, or even someone who can type a full word such as "you," "ready," or "please."

quite disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    I've bene hoping to run into some RP, but I have yet to encounter a single event, RPer, or even someone who can type a full word such as "you," "ready," or "please."

quite disheartening.
    We can help with that. Contact Briesse, Wampa, Yrain, Ilvawr or Machyn.
    shoryuken

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    We can help with that. Contact Briesse, Wampa, Yrain, Ilvawr or Machyn.
    That's the thing....I am sure I can contact someone for some niche, clique RP, but I was hoping to run into it randomly.

I havnt played this game in 3 years or so, but it used to happen LOTS! (When there was an RP server), had hoped that population was now on Crom. I will send them a tell, however.

edit* Hope that didnt sound snide or rude, I am looking for folks to RP with, I just dislike standing around in secluded areas and doing it in group chat. I like to stroll through the streets, or even do it while fighting.
    Last edited by Duskwood0585; 30th October 2013 at 13:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    That's the thing....I am sure I can contact someone for some niche, clique RP, but I was hoping to run into it randomly.

I havnt played this game in 3 years or so, but it used to happen LOTS! (When there was an RP server), had hoped that population was now on Crom. I will send them a tell, however.

edit* Hope that didnt sound snide or rude, I am looking for folks to RP with, I just dislike standing around in secluded areas and doing it in group chat. I like to stroll through the streets, or even do it while fighting.
    Unfortunately, the flipside of the merger was to concentrate all players onto a very few servers. The result being that the numbers of players who want to interrupt or prevent RP being part of 'their' game have also concentrated onto the same servers as anyone wanting to RP.

Thus, RP (or at least open-world RP) seems to have been all but driven out of the game (witness the closing of the AOC-RP website, the shuttering of one of the most dedicated RP guilds left in the game, and the inactivity / disappearance of most of the Guilds listed on this thread) in favor of grind and/or PVP guilds. It's a sad thing, but perhaps inevitable under the crush of so many players who resent AOC being anything but 'just a game'.

I'll continue to wander the game, but in the last several weeks since my last Guild dropped RP from their activities, I have only seen one open-world RP, and that was an organized, announced event that only drew two or three RPers (the rest were there for the grind). I've given serious consideration to retiring from the game, as the grind is pointless to me, and I have no interest in rewards and being 'l33t', but I remind myself that the game can always change again.
    Last edited by Urzra; 30th October 2013 at 16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    I'll continue to wander the game, but in the last several weeks since my last Guild dropped RP from their activities, I have only seen one open-world RP, and that was an organized, announced event that only drew two or three RPers (the rest were there for the grind). I've given serious consideration to retiring from the game, as the grind is pointless to me, and I have no interest in rewards and being 'l33t', but I remind myself that the game can always change again.
    I apologize if I contributed to the event seeming to be "for the grind".

I have trouble keeping up, looking at the map, monitoring the quest log, and typing RP stuff in say. I was unable to arrive early to talk and get acquainted before the event. I managed a couple of things in /say as we were going, but I think by then most people had moved on and out of say radius.

It was our intention to provide a service to people, getting those quests done, so "grinders" were welcome. Sadly, we forgot that there was a second round of those elites after you turn in the first round. Damn irritating. So although I think we killed those bosses too for people who had those quests, we didn't turn in and go through again to get both rounds that evening.

It was a pleasure to see you there, Urzra.

Look for me on Briesse (69 hox), Ahnnia (41 tos), or Ciarra (44 bs) for some RP interaction. A quick heads-up is sometimes helpful because I have fallen into the mostly-OOC mindset that I used to deplore.

On a related note, if anyone wants some company for in-character level-appropriate questing and instance running, look for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast