Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [CROM] Attention RP Guilds!

Quote Originally Posted by Sendra View Post
    I apologize if I contributed to the event seeming to be "for the grind".

I have trouble keeping up, looking at the map, monitoring the quest log, and typing RP stuff in say. I was unable to arrive early to talk and get acquainted before the event. I managed a couple of things in /say as we were going, but I think by then most people had moved on and out of say radius.

It was our intention to provide a service to people, getting those quests done, so "grinders" were welcome. Sadly, we forgot that there was a second round of those elites after you turn in the first round. Damn irritating. So although I think we killed those bosses too for people who had those quests, we didn't turn in and go through again to get both rounds that evening.

It was a pleasure to see you there, Urzra.

Look for me on Briesse (69 hox), Ahnnia (41 tos), or Ciarra (44 bs) for some RP interaction. A quick heads-up is sometimes helpful because I have fallen into the mostly-OOC mindset that I used to deplore.

On a related note, if anyone wants some company for in-character level-appropriate questing and instance running, look for me.
    Thank you for your words, but I didn't necessarily hold against what the event accomplished (I knew it would be in large part a means to help people complete quests). I also know people have differing abilities where they excel in the game. However, that only one person showed up at the designated start time and only a handful showed up at all was very disquieting for me given how it was posted on the forums well in advance, as it pointed to how few RPers are left in the game and how much RP now revolves around the grind and raiding.

The recent losses in support to RP within the game and deactivation of active RP Guilds have only contributed to what I must conclude is the turning of the game away from RP entirely in favor of making AoC just another console game. As I said, I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but the course I see of recent events that have come from the mergers have not made me hopeful. Certainly, the mergers have done more to kill RP than improve it within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    Thank you for your words, but I didn't necessarily hold against what the event accomplished (I knew it would be in large part a means to help people complete quests). I also know people have differing abilities where they excel in the game. However, that only one person showed up at the designated start time and only a handful showed up at all was very disquieting for me given how it was posted on the forums well in advance, as it pointed to how few RPers are left in the game and how much RP now revolves around the grind and raiding.
    I'm hoping it just meant there were very few RPers free at that time who had characters who needed those quests.

Ironically, I now need them myself on my own lowbie Guardian
    shoryuken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123