Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

This can be said about all the classes though. A few years ago, there was an obvious direction change towards 1 step combos / simplified combat. This was one of the main reasons that the game lost pvpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Here ya go, Imps build.. I'll rock this bad boy tonight haha

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c1...89c118b5018f9c
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Good build used by a friend of mine

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c6...8a8818d4418894

High uptime on shields and stuff.
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Yes. Carney made it to be uber in PvP, but then he started PvE in it also.

"I am ze top damage dealer jaah"

<3
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Red face

You forgot 5 points in specter chant, the best feat evah.
    turn on tune in drop out

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph View Post
    You forgot 5 points in specter chant, the best feat evah.
    Ecto from Ascendant?

There are plenty of builds without Earthwalker, but this is why they don't work anymore or are way less viable.

1. DPS is crazy out of control. Plenty of classes including Demo can blow 3-5K dps in 3 seconds or less on someone in full PvP gear and AA (maybe not tanks but everyone else). Having at least a green up with a pot will help mitigate enough of that damage to buy enough time to get away before getting finished off....somtimes

2. Why give up 300-400 dps of a pet? You don't have to do anything but cast it once and forget about it until it dies or you die.

3. Your crit chance increases the crit heals of the green heals, not a big deal but on teams with no healer or sh!tty healers every bit helps. Sometimes even greens can make the difference when heals are non exsistant to light on both side. In PvE my pet actually sometimes is only a spots behind most healers.

4. Your pet can follow someone and do enough damage when they are low enough to make them withdraw back to the group or totally run away. It's also a psychological advantage in World PvP and Seiges were you pet can annoy people though terrain.

5. Why give up Shock Lance when your casting Shockstrike anyways?

What do you gain by not taking Earthwalker?

1. Let it Burn: a sh!t spell that is ONLY decent in SW. If your SW in a mini with nobody going after you your already on the OP team, you can get just as many free kills with any other AoE.

2. Purge: total crap. It does not affect stagger which is the main snare people die from. As far as roots, the only root you need to look for is ToS and HoX. Both should never be in melee range if your playing correctly. Sin FTD? lol, blow purge and the Sin will just do it again in 30 seconds. Not even worth it.

3. Unleashed Power: Only good if you feat SB. If you really want AoE Power, feat Chained Shocksrike and the Splash Damage and alternate with SB. It does a sh1tload more DPS than IoA even if the range is much smaller. IoA is only worth it if you feat Black Ashes, and then only for the incinerate.

4. Improved Planar Shift: gtfo, you can only use it every 5 minutes. Just double tap back then side step when you cast it and you get the same effect as 2 feat points for free.

5. Tome of Erlik: Decent I guess but in no way game changing. If your using Shockstrike as your main DPS rotation and fully feat it I could see this being useful if your some SS sniper. Not my style.

6. Flame Body and the improved pacts: The only thing viable about going heavy conflag. Feat for longer pacts and get 5/5 in renegotiation and WoTS and DS/PS. If you have all the gear, I could see this build being great but having low utility and very high dependence on having pocket protection. I might try this but I doubt I'll enjoy being even more squishy with less tricks. The DPS it might put out could be worth it. Flame Body is great, only one class does Cold damage to watch out for, 78 free magic damage, and 30% mitigation is great. There are a ton of weapons and classes that have combat rating fire built in as well, and the 30% fire protection will mitigate some of that as well. Extremely quick recast and this feat is great PvE as well.

7. Improved Firey Torment: shorter cast time is good but you can still feat a hybrid build and get this too.

Not too many pros for going conflag other than the experimental pact build, but hey, what do I know?
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th March 2013 at 23:24.
    Doomsayer 2008

i like thst ltb spec, mostly use it for premades tho 25% crit, 36crit dmg and 1805 firedmg

Quote Originally Posted by AbarY View Post
    i like thst ltb spec, mostly use it for premades tho 25% crit, 36crit dmg and 1805 firedmg
    I tried your build in a random mini yesterday.

I had more or less the same conclusions Suctum posted.
    I also add that I missed the extra range from Shock and Shockstrike, and the reduced cooldown on Shock.

2nd Stun and 2nd KB are useful too when chased a lot, and missing in Conflag build.

I'm not saying that that build is crap, I understand it's usable, but for random minigames I definitely prefer Hybrid build.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast