Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    Even if I get the pieces I want on my demo, it will still be a mix of BB and SC.

I have two complete gear sets: assassin PVE T2 armour from waaay back and conq PVP T2 armour.
    I only have gloves, wrists, and armbands K6 and T2/T3 with the HoC cape. Probably 50 runs in yag or so and I gave up on the pants and I never grinded rank 4 with anyone until last week with vet tokens.

I grinded out PvP levels with almost no bori for what's becomming inferior gear. I really don't feel like doing T4 all the time because what's left of my play time after circuits of busy work months I'd rather PvP with that 2 hours a day.

I'm going to focus on 6-man armor, I can stomach 30-45 minutes of PvE and still have an hour to mini
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I only have gloves, wrists, and armbands K6 and T2/T3 with the HoC cape. Probably 50 runs in yag or so and I gave up on the pants and I never grinded rank 4 with anyone until last week with vet tokens.

I grinded out PvP levels with almost no bori for what's becomming inferior gear. I really don't feel like doing T4 all the time because what's left of my play time after circuits of busy work months I'd rather PvP with that 2 hours a day.

I'm going to focus on 6-man armor, I can stomach 30-45 minutes of PvE and still have an hour to mini
    The PvE gear is nice for kills but wont help you to survive much, wear PvP main pieces and everything else PvE T4/BB/SC gear. Going full dps gear gets alot of kills but makes you die just as much if you are not care full. The tenacity and protection make all the diffrence in the world, id rather go 20-3( PvP main pieces) in a mini than 30-15 (Pure dps gear).

Tenacity wouldnt help u at all :> Unless u use full pvp set.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    hey, enough out of you... this forum can't handle your logic
    Logic is used when the answer is not known and you need to bulls**t your way through it.

Now to actually contribute (maybe).

I have used both full T4 and PVP Mini set almost full T3 just using 2 T2 major pieces and what I find is I am crap in either set.

So logically I have determined I should stop running to help with CC.s

Really no matter what armor you use positioning and team support are what will make our break a mini. If the other team is on the ball and focus you it really does not matter what you are wearing. It becomes a run for life affair which bores me so I end up doing the lets DPS them as much as I can before I die so maybe the rest of the team can kill them.
    Soullostt PVP9 Demo
    and 11 others I play here and there.

Ok, so since I've decided to actually play my demo a bit more, I'd like to work on the spec. My current specs are like this:

PVP - http://goo.gl/rdkbU
    I didn't feat out Demon Heart because it seems like I end up against POMs half the time and have to turn it off. I threw a point into Phase Out just to check it out and haven't changed it since.

For AA I use:

General: Decisive/Elusive (I have 60% chance/50% amount - seems like it has helped me survive a bit better)

Mage: WOTS (got nothing else except maybe Enchanter) and EE.

Demo: Ring of Fire+Bindings

PVE - http://goo.gl/FEjIF (or something like that - can't remember off the top of my head). I know this spec could use some tweaking and I should probably figure out some good rotations as my dps isn't where it should be.

For AA I use Pressing/Decisive, Enchanter/Will and Cacho, ROF

I have a third spec slot that I sometimes fool around with ranged havoc specs or tribrid.

Gear: T3 Necro staff, Mystics/Dreamer's, Amra's Pride, BB Blue Helm, SC Blue chest, SC Pants/wrists/boots, Scholars Shoulders, SOJ Gloves and Wolves belt.

I've read some comments that it's not worth it to feat the 5 points into Imp WOF as it is really a situational ability. Thoughts/reasoning on that?
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Ok, so since I've decided to actually play my demo a bit more, I'd like to work on the spec. My current specs are like this:

PVP - http://goo.gl/rdkbU
    I didn't feat out Demon Heart because it seems like I end up against POMs half the time and have to turn it off. I threw a point into Phase Out just to check it out and haven't changed it since.

For AA I use:

General: Decisive/Elusive (I have 60% chance/50% amount - seems like it has helped me survive a bit better)

Mage: WOTS (got nothing else except maybe Enchanter) and EE.

Demo: Ring of Fire+Bindings

PVE - http://goo.gl/FEjIF (or something like that - can't remember off the top of my head). I know this spec could use some tweaking and I should probably figure out some good rotations as my dps isn't where it should be.

For AA I use Pressing/Decisive, Enchanter/Will and Cacho, ROF

I have a third spec slot that I sometimes fool around with ranged havoc specs or tribrid.

Gear: T3 Necro staff, Mystics/Dreamer's, Amra's Pride, BB Blue Helm, SC Blue chest, SC Pants/wrists/boots, Scholars Shoulders, SOJ Gloves and Wolves belt.

I've read some comments that it's not worth it to feat the 5 points into Imp WOF as it is really a situational ability. Thoughts/reasoning on that?
    PvE:improved WoF is worth it.You don't need bombardment anywhere really.I 'd max overload and put 2 points in earth recharge to go down the tree.Your gear needs some tweaking to get your dps where it should be and not talking only upgrades but stats types as well.Crit damage ,crit rating and magic damage is what you should aim for ,probably in that order up to t3 and khitai gear.T4 is on another level on all of them.

Won't comment on pvp since it's been more than 2 good years i have done any.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 14th March 2013 at 17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    PvE:improved WoF is worth it.You don't need bombardment anywhere really.I 'd max overload and put 2 points in earth recharge to go down the tree.Your gear needs some tweaking to get your dps where it should be and not talking only upgrades but stats types as well.Crit damage ,crit rating and magic damage is what you should aim for ,probably in that order up to t3 and khitai gear.T4 is on another level on all of them.
    Good tips, thanks. As for gear, that's all I've got so far, so I'll keep working on more. I was following the path of getting a mix of SC and BB to maximize the crit/crit damage/magic damage stats. I'll have to do some more K6 for that. The T3 staff was a lucky roll in an alt run, but my understanding is that dagger+tali is a better set for demos.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I would strongly suggest feating out Overloaded Shockblast, it's still amazing, and WoF is really only for finishing off people (it's not your main AoE like it is in PvE). I liked splash on SS and chained too, found it be great AoE damage when people are clustered. Never personally had mana issues unless someone drained (or a team let me spellweave them to several hand of doom buffs), and if I did I'd just pop Archfiends and break it when necessary. That's my experience anyway.
    Thanks, I'll tweak things around a bit and try it out.

PvE spec looks fine, except for bombardment. And my feeling and the general consensus is that Improved WoF is good for PvE, and basically useless for PvP.
    So would I put the points from bombardment into the mana feats? I have noticed I run out at times when Archfiend and Circle are both already used. Spellweaving kills it.
    Last edited by Thutkemi; 14th March 2013 at 18:00.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Yeah, what Shink said, split 7 between Overload and Earth Recharge, and maybe throw the last into Possession (I take the extra CC to save myself on mobs... oops, I mean, be a team player ). Mana is always tricky though, especially without a ToS and not being fully geared.
    Cool, thanks.

I suppose I might as well throw this in for general info. pre-T4 (since obviously T4 just takes a crap on everything else in game), the absolute best items imo are;
    BB; helm, chest, hands, belt
    SC; boots, wrists, legs, shoulders
    T3; rings, demo dagger, demo tali, neck
    AI; cloak
    (ofc there are great alternatives too)
    Yeah, I was going off of one of your old posts when I made my "gear to get" list

And what about feating out Demonic Heart? Personal choice?
    Last edited by Thutkemi; 14th March 2013 at 18:38.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Demon Heart of Chatha makes a pretty big difference over time, I notice a huge difference with, and without it. Unfeated your mana regen from it is about 60, feated it's about 140
    But for PVP, don't you have to turn it off in half the matches because of POMs?
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

But for PVP, don't you have to turn it off in half the matches because of POMs?
    I usually keep it on until the PoM realizes I have it up. Then I take it off.