Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Builds

Default Conflag Feat questions

There where a few feats
    Scorch-- Some have said its not a good feat , others its not good.. any comments on this feat would be helpful
    Demonic War--how important in a raid -- and solo is 1% worth it.
    Unholy Hate-- SAME ISSUE is it a must have for Raid , solo is it even needed -- I find I forget to cast it , get to busy with Pacts and other spells
    Black ashes -- this spell sounds good and I have some guildies that like it -- cast time 2.5 sec seems long on the Amher spell
    Blessing of Amher --- Damage increase
    Agonizing Fire Torment-- ? this seems like it would be good on runners

All of those are insignificant. Feat them only if you must.

A buff that is NOT getting cast is probably just poorly placed.
    You should try grouping it with other buffs like mystic suppression, flame body or pacts.

Default Thanks Shax

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    All of those are insignificant. Feat them only if you must.
    Just wanted to be clear on the Demonic war and unholy hate --- I had some say it was required for raid -- this I heard several years back -- I am not sure if it was mentioned that it really isn't that important/ somewhat uncertain ?

It does not have a noticeable impact. Unholy hate is the 1 buff you'd like, I try to use that after hitting crit buff.

Demonic war is one of the best weapon dmg buffs in game with about 100% up-time as long as ppl hit the boss..with good group setups and meelle dps that can play it can be very significant.Unholy hate is a good instant buff and can be easily well timed buffing your group even more and you reasonably if timed well.Only reason to not get them would be some shitty stacked with casters entity pug and well i still use unholy hate there .Some of the comments in this thread are wtf ,had a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Braxin View Post
    Just wanted to be clear on the Demonic war and unholy hate --- I had some say it was required for raid -- this I heard several years back -- I am not sure if it was mentioned that it really isn't that important/ somewhat uncertain ?
    It's a very nice buff for raids.
    Required for raids?
    It's hard to say that any feat is "required".. anyway for sure Unholy Hate is not required, just nice to have (and why skip it anyway?!).

Some micro-management can add some fun even to "flat" PvE playstile classes like demo or sin.. and using Unholy Hate properly is a good example of that kind of micro-management.. that makes the difference between playing the class at his max potential or not.

If you bind UH on your keyb so that you need the same finger to cast the spell following UH you are already failing.. (tip)
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 1st February 2016 at 13:37.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    But, out of curiosity, am I missing something regarding Earth Recharge and Overload?

According to the tooltip Overload at 5 points has a proc chance of 30 procs per minute, meaning 100%. So every fourth spell is free, or slightly simplified it reduces the cost of Fires of Gehenna, Hellfire Strean and Shock by 25%.

The Earth Recharge proc rate for Fires of Gehenna, again according to tooltip, is 4 procs per minute at 2 points and 5 procs per minute at 3 points, so likely 7 procs per minute at 5. Nowhere close to the mana return of Overload.

So why fill out Earth Recharge before Overload?
    You are absolutely correct and the feats should have been opposite there. I stand corrected and ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Demonic war is one of the best weapon dmg buffs in game with about 100% up-time as long as ppl hit the boss..with good group setups and meelle dps that can play it can be very significant.Unholy hate is a good instant buff and can be easily well timed buffing your group even more and you reasonably if timed well.Only reason to not get them would be some shitty stacked with casters entity pug and well i still use unholy hate there .Some of the comments in this thread are wtf ,had a good laugh
    It is stretching it a bit far to call it one of the best. It has a set number of procs per minute (I think perhaps 7 procs) and once those have been used (there is no block when buff is active) it won't proc for maybe 30-40 seconds again. I just hit a straw man with my Barb, grouped with a Demo and look at the proc times below:

http://screencast.com/t/Mdtv0mAt

Of course it is better than nought but it is closer to insignificant than significant. Holy Cleansing, Armageddon Falls, Call to Arms, Glowing Radiance, Idol of Set's Power, etc.. Those are imo significant raid feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You are absolutely correct and the feats should have been opposite there. I stand corrected and ashamed.

It is stretching it a bit far to call it one of the best. It has a set number of procs per minute (I think perhaps 7 procs) and once those have been used (there is no block when buff is active) it won't proc for maybe 30-40 seconds again. I just hit a straw man with my Barb, grouped with a Demo and look at the proc times below:

http://screencast.com/t/Mdtv0mAt

Of course it is better than nought but it is closer to insignificant than significant. Holy Cleansing, Armageddon Falls, Call to Arms, Glowing Radiance, Idol of Set's Power, etc.. Those are imo significant raid feats.
    Well we can have different opinion on this one,i still cannot figure what you guys specc instead of those 3 points that gives "a significant advantage" for you that is better than unholy hate for you and the team on short cd and free wapon dmg buff ...i bet if the dmg increase return from it worked as intended you would all specc it with flying colors even if it was 28 magic dmg total :P

Default About The trip down the Tree

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Well we can have different opinion on this one,i still cannot figure what you guys specc instead of those 3 points that gives "a significant advantage" for you that is better than unholy hate for you and the team on short cd and free wapon dmg buff ...i bet if the dmg increase return from it worked as intended you would all specc it with flying colors even if it was 28 magic dmg total :P
    My question is really to understand the feat, I am not really looking at the next feat down the line. I want to understand the entire picture,I can see your point what else can I spec ? I see myself stealing a point from a feat to only find there was nothing better to use to get the next feat, that said I really appreciate the input to help me better understand the class.. I have read a few of your posts and they are extremely helpful. thanks again for taking the time
    Feat-- Black Ashes seems interesting -- not sure if there are any pros or cons to it ?
    Last edited by Braxin; 2nd February 2016 at 20:19.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829