Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Double-tapping back may lower your damage, but why don't you just double tap forward?
    Exactly! Currently you can doubletap forward and sideways for the same effect, with momentum or immunity/evade. Doubletap backwards actually is the weakest of doubletaps imo, so the buffs could use some tweaking too.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    It's easy to just request changes because they'll make your life easier, but we should only request changes when we've exhausted all other means to solve the issue or if a severe imbalance is presented, which I don't think there is anymore.
    I am not requesting any big change here, only small tweaks for a happier environment.

Did you see the testlive forums before conq rewamp was released? They asked for the Burst of Aggression to be changed. It remains unchanged still. You can't possibly suggest game is in full balance?

And guys... There will still be knockbacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Why are you letting a ranger that close, and why are you running through his traps when you can see he placed one through the animation of his hand going up...or following him in a straight line knowing he's placing traps?
    Do you even pvp ? This isnt age of harry potter where you stand still sw, people do actually chase rangers, not just nuke from 30m away. Try running around a ranger trap in hv.

Also you dont know what trap the ranger sets even if you see the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    Also you dont know what trap the ranger sets even if you see the animation.
    I just assume it's the KB and doubletap forward when I catch the arm in time. Sometimes, I doubletap myself into a root or firetrap, but better safe than sorry

Stagger is far worse than KB's. There is nothing to break them and no immunity

Quote Originally Posted by Spewbert View Post
    It's been more than 1 year and a half I think that there actually is a stagger immunity (that even counts in favor of OLP damage!).

It is quite short though (12ish seconds after stagger expires I think ?) which is only natural, I guess, for a mere 4s, 35% snare, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post

You can't say doubletapping KBs is an exploit? it's been in this game since release, and at this point it's time they face reality and adjust the mechanic.

Sometimes doubletapping can cause teleports, I think if you have flag. Other than that I never saw anything problematic about doubletapping.

PS. why so scared to lose your instant win buttons and get some more dynamic play? We already lost some with CS fix.

PSS. you know a doubletapped knockback still equals a small stun. So the knockbacks even when countered will work as a CC.

I can say that because its the truth. and it wasnt like this since release, thats not true.

I didn't say they should fix and remove it. But that doesnt change the fact, that this mechanics like it is at the moment is an exploit by definition.

To make it an intended mechanism, it must be bugfixed and maybe a little revamped. it is a little stupid, that every doubletap has the same effect (for avoiding kb). Just the doublestep backwards should avoid a knockback. the rest should have its current effect and if you get knockbacked while doing it you should get knockbacked.

PS: Comboskipping isnt missed, it was just an unfair advantage for some classes and male characters, there were no equal chances for everyone. therefore this fix was MUCH needed. Doubletap to avoid kb is the same for every class and the same for male and female chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Just the doublestep backwards should avoid a knockback. the rest should have its current effect and if you get knockbacked while doing it you should get knockbacked.
    Sounds fair to me. Given they do something about the forward and sideway doubletaps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    PS: Comboskipping isnt missed, it was just an unfair advantage for some classes and male characters, there were no equal chances for everyone. therefore this fix was MUCH needed. Doubletap to avoid kb is the same for every class and the same for male and female chars.
    I agree CS was imbalance and had to be fixed, but the overall pace of combat did decrease for skippers which is what many disliked about that change. With a new introduction to doubletapping they can again prove their "skill" by negating some of the KB effect with new and improved doubletaps, without putting themselves into a crippled form for 1.5 seconds as it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Spewbert View Post
    This isn't a complain about knockbacks in general, but how some classes have to ability to put them out there way too easily.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 5th March 2013 at 20:01.

I'd much prefer a forward tap to negate the KB than a backward. At least, for melee, it gets you in a better position to press your attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    I'd much prefer a forward tap to negate the KB than a backward. At least, for melee, it gets you in a better position to press your attack.
    Good point, as this is very true, but for casters it would be the other way around.

From PoMs point of view, Repulse is the crutch that makes it viable in pvp, removing it will leave it boring and broken.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast