Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Ranger traps are instant and can be 10 times more effective than repulse.
    Again. This is so false and tells me you can't be very experienced in PvP if you think it.
    10 times more effective? You say so much, but the facts don't back it up. Im sorry.

Zatochi already beat me to it about that deto/repulse comparison. It's not the same.

I've been trying not to make it about poms. If you participated in the conversation like others, maybe you could imagine being able to doubletap a slightly slower Snapkick (even approved by sin guru Slith) then reduce the disaster you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Again. This is so false and tells me you can't be very experienced in PvP if you think it.
    10 times more effective? You say so much, but the facts don't back it up. Im sorry.

Zatochi already beat me to it about that deto/repulse comparison. It's not the same.

I've been trying not to make it about poms. If you participated in the conversation like others, maybe you could imagine being able to doubletap a slightly slower Snapkick (even approved by sin guru Slith) being able to reduce the disaster.
    Keep up the personal attacks and tell me to participate in the conversation, double standard much?

Traps are instant and can be layed anywhere even on top of players. its controlled. No random luck involved no 100's of AA's. That makes it easy to get and use. LtP that you are crying about requires months of works and 100's of AA's, it should be powerful.

Double tapping back from a snapkick doesnt work that well. They need to tweak double tapping if its going to make any difference at all. What you suggest for snapkick is speculation and i would love to see it introduced and see if it makes a difference.

Deto and repulse are not the same, they hold many similiar cases and i have proven that detonation is far more powerful than repulse is.

Everytime someone comes in here and screams nerf to poms, bet your butt im going to be there defending it. If you want to have constructive conversations, they should never start with nerf this class or nerf that skill. ive mentioned before you backtracked on poms being the problem and ltp. But the conversation continues about poms then I will still be there to defend them.
    Last edited by lonetac; 13th March 2013 at 16:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    I agree that some tweaks to CC immunities might be in order: cc-locking is easier now than before the cc-revamp.

I'm not 100% agreed here. My point in all my answers has been that PoMs were given an OP AA mechanic to bring it on par with other classes. It has since taken so many tweaks and nerfs that I'm afraid that further tweaks will bring the class as whole too far back towards the days when it was perceived as the weakest class in PvP.

The solution would then be another mini revamp.

Call me names all you want, but I'm a bit sceptical about those half assed tweaks and revamps that per example broke the Ranger. and overdid the conq dps by a few percent.

I have yet to understand from your posts, exactly what you think problem is and the ramifications are and how it creates imbalances. Is it because you feel entitled to be able to evade all cc's at will that you want to reduce the number of (near-)instant knockbacks?
    This guy knows whats up. He apparently has been around much longer and understand why i am defending poms.

Traps are instant and can be layed anywhere even on top of players. its controlled. No random luck involved no 100's of AA's. That makes it easy to get and use. LtP that you are crying about requires months of works and 100's of AA's, it should be powerful.
    But they take 1 second to activate, so I they shouldn't be categorize as instant at all, others agree with me here. Very often you can see the animation from ranger giving you the headsup to doubeltap.

To me AAs are a non factor. It's obtainable. It's not a given 100 points of AA should be powerful. Im not crying about ltp. I have mostly been talking about knockbacks in general, ltp repulse being one of them. Do you remember I said: PoMs should probably keep it instant, as long as we get some better doubletaps.

Double tapping back from a snapkick doesnt work that well. They need to tweak double tapping if its going to make any difference at all. What you suggest for snapkick is speculation and i would love to see it introduced and see if it makes a difference.
    Good to hear you're positive about that. Changing doubletap was the idea behind this entire thread you know.

Edited by Arishanya. Trolling.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 13th March 2013 at 21:05.

Detonation is not OP if you think about Demo class: cloth armor, no bubble.
    A class like Demo relies on an AoE CC to be able to have (some) chance to survive when chased by 2 or more players.
    If you nerf Detonation you transform Demonologist in a total boredom class: nuke from distance, die each time someone decides to chase you.
    CCs, targeting and positioning are the only aspects of Demo class that require skill.
    It's definitely not correct to nerf Detonation.

And even if ranger is a quite OP class, I think that ranger traps should not be nerfed too.

PoM and Conq CCs instead could need some tuning, at least imo.

Anyway you missed the CC which more than all need nerf imo: Sin Charge-Root.
    It's insta death for demos if you have CC breaker on cd, it's too dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    From PoMs point of view, Repulse is the crutch that makes it viable in pvp, removing it will leave it boring and broken.
    This.

I totally agree, but think that even PoM has at least bubbles.
    What happens to a class like demo if you remove Detonation?

Don't misunderstand me, I think that some tuning could be good to some CCs, but you can't think about CC itself, you must think about the class it is given to.

That's why I say that AoE KB is OP for Conq but not for demo, and that Sin charge-root is OP (sin is already nearly unkillable for mages, no need to provide it 95% unfailable mage-kill tool).

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    This.

I totally agree, but think that even PoM has at lesst bubbles.
    What happens to a class like demo if you remove Detonation?
    The sin can insta kill a lot of classes. Let me define my use of insta - performing one cc and guaranteeing a kill. Its not instant and i realize you have to perform a combo and hit a button.

Demo has other tools and oh **** buttons. Im not advocating us removing it or changing it. I have the same stance on it that i do with LtP and repules. If you change, nerf or modify these skills the entire class needs to be rebalanced and looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post

This is your opinion. No fact.
    This is true for almost everything you have said as well. We both have opinions. its a two way street. I do play both classes in PvP and am simply talking from my perspective from my demo and my pom.
    Last edited by lonetac; 13th March 2013 at 17:26.

True, insta is wrong word and you got my point: we can't discuss CCs itself, it's all about class balance.

That's why I say that AoE KB is OP for Conq but not for demo, and that Sin charge-root is OP (sin is already nearly unkillable for mages, no need to provide it 95% unfailable mage-kill tool).
    ever heard of purge?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

True, insta is wrong word and you got my point: we can't discuss CCs itself, it's all about class balance.
    I agree 100%.

Thank you for bringing a rational discussion to this thread. We can talk as long as we leave the nerf this and nerf that at the door as well as the personal attacks.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast