Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Everything goes through a vigorous pipeline. Ask anyone who worked in production.
    It's a matter of whos calling the shots and your surroundings. If you want to polish things you can, but Funcom never had time for that in Conan atleast. Economical pressure has haunted this game since the dreaded release, and unless Joel has the balls to do the changes this game and community want to be done we'll be done for. More shitty solo PvE content won't do ANYTHING at this point. PvP has to be polished.

How long do you think it will take them to add minigames won/lost in player information, and give loss if you leave.
    It's an obvious remedy to the state of minis these days. I don't believe this to be troublesome to implement at all. How many shirts are these guys failing to button up? lol

Look at the class revamps lately.

PoM, ToS, BS and Conq... Some decent revamps, but at the end of the day we're still left behind with bugs, useless feats, and things that don't make sense at all.
    It's like they don't care about these things? No resonse on forums after revamps went live.

Now we have Joel, and I've heard magnificent things about him. Like how he sat down and talked with TSW players and recieved feedback, listened and replied.
    So there's hope. This thread is kinda broken though.

Look, I'm not saying things shouldn't be polished. I'm saying we're not ready to polish yet.. even STILL! You can't polish unless you've completed blocking everything out right?

CC issues should be addressed, but they are lower on the list now, because they've already taken stabs at it and it's currently work-able/non-game breaking. Let's push for the stuff that will really improve PvP instead of constantly doing and re-doing a handful of things until EVERYONE is happy with it, which will never happen. You're focusing on that little tree and missing the FOREST. The FOREST I tell you!

And that's all I'll say for this thread.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

I believe doubletaps are existing and a fun mechanic, only outdated and weak. They could make PvP more dynamic again.

What will really improve PvP? Between persons this question will be answered differently.

This thread started out as a CC concern with an idea to adress it all, yes, but people are so sensitive when it comes to this, and I realise talking nerfs won't produce anything. Which is why I will advocate harder towards fixing the doubletaps or adressing the network/sync issues over tweaking the CCs.

But you are right, this maybe shouldn't be the top of the agenda. For me the highest priority for PvP is to encourage more organized PvP. Playing premade PvP is the best fun you can have ingame currently, but it's not exactly easy access content these days.

DOESN'T MATTER DEFENSIVE STANCE

lololo

---

Just kidding..

I agree only on Repulse and Burst of Agression. Demo is even more of an easy kill if detonation were to be gimped.

BoA: As a conq: It's silly, and I honestly found it more fun to land knockbacks on whitehits or combo finishers for the element of surprise. EVERYONE can see a BoA coming these days.

PoM: The instaknock is fine, but not the immense WTFBBQ damage it deals
    AFJ still owner of Caelnach
    Jimmies status:
    [ ]Not Rustled
    [x]Rustled

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    thats true... Cleansing fire would help proc it. Still seems kind of drastic though. Without a high crit % (which also nerfed in the last revamp) it wouldnt work that well.

I would like to test but i cant see myself not casting heals in minigames, lol. Perhaps ill hit the straw dummy.

Lets not use ppl who are pvp 10 or have full t3-4 raid gear as a benchmark. What is your gear setup and your crit %? ive had plenty of instances where i had problems getting LtP to proc even in full pvp 8 gear and thats with it procing on my heals.
    ^ My Pom is PvP 3 wearing mostly t1 and some Khitai Blues. In a Vengeance build during minis I can only get maybe 2 or 3 LtP procs at best with a 8% crit chance.

In a Divinity heavy build I can procc it all day, but you can see the difference where the gear matters between builds. It's one of those sh1tty things where it does not become worthwhile until you get gear.

PS Divinity is boring, but without gear your forced to play it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Ey PoMs listen up! i played PoM back when it sucked hard, and well... i managed to play the class just fine and without any problems with other classes. PoM back in the day didnt need that OP instant repusle to be good. Yes i called it OP and do you know what? i play PoM to this day and still think its OP. one thing to keep in mind is that just after Rise of the AA everyone started playing PoM in PvP... and why you ask? well because PoM just got the biggest and most OP buff since game launch. Repusle was fine and should have been kept like it was back before AA came. and yes i may be overduing it but cmon PoMs you should be able to play your class without Light the path. heck i did. and i still do, but i wont deny that i use it myselv. and ofc... there are issues with other classes that needs to be adressed aswell but cmon PoM dont be so butthurt about that Lurvi is saying... becauseyou all know its the truth we need a CC tweak, it might not be nr 1 on funcoms list but it should be on there somewhere. i support Lurvi on this
    Smurfina
    Tempest of Set
    Member of
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    Located on Crom PvE EU
    | Zychic Priest of Mitra | Zycoz Herald of Xotli | Zychology Bear Shaman |
    Raid Progression | Apply to Audenets Fortuna Juvat | Recruitment Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zychic View Post
    Ey PoMs listen up! i played PoM back when it sucked hard, and well... i managed to play the class just fine and without any problems with other classes. PoM back in the day didnt need that OP instant repusle to be good. Yes i called it OP and do you know what? i play PoM to this day and still think its OP. one thing to keep in mind is that just after Rise of the AA everyone started playing PoM in PvP... and why you ask? well because PoM just got the biggest and most OP buff since game launch. Repusle was fine and should have been kept like it was back before AA came. and yes i may be overduing it but cmon PoMs you should be able to play your class without Light the path. heck i did. and i still do, but i wont deny that i use it myselv. and ofc... there are issues with other classes that needs to be adressed aswell but cmon PoM dont be so butthurt about that Lurvi is saying... becauseyou all know its the truth we need a CC tweak, it might not be nr 1 on funcoms list but it should be on there somewhere. i support Lurvi on this
    Been playing since tech beta. Sure you can play without LtP, fact of hte matter is we invested in a skill for AAs and continually nerfing it because bad players are bad is bad game design. Every class has money abilities, pom is far from most op class in the game and doesnt need more nerfs, enough is enough.

Edited by Arishanya - watch the flame bait.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 13th March 2013 at 05:20.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Been playing since tech beta. Sure you can play without LtP, fact of hte matter is we invested in a skill for AAs and continually nerfing it because bad players are bad is bad game design. Every class has money abilities, pom is far from most op class in the game and doesnt need more nerfs, enough is enough.

Edited by Arishanya - watch the flame bait.

I didnt get LTP on my Pom I was pvp 7 because I dont do bori or kill imaginary monsters. I did just fine.

pom is just fine. just about every class has an aoe cc,.knockback just happens to be the most irritating because you can't use your aa cc break to get out of it.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 13th March 2013 at 05:21.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    I didnt get LTP on my Pom I was pvp 7 because I dont do bori or kill imaginary monsters. I did just fine.

pom is just fine. just about every class has an aoe cc,.knockback just happens to be the most irritating because you can't use your aa cc break to get out of it.
    You are right its fine, no need to nerf it yet again. I am pvp 8 on my pom because i dont bori either.

Truth be told, ive found that it hardly knocks your target back due to cc resistances anymore. its mostly just DPS at this point.

Rangers can do the same thing and so can demos, conqs, barbs, etc. I think we just singling out the PoM for no reason again. its why i have been active in this thread. The OP admits its not top priority and PoMs are ok as is so i wont carry on about his comments.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast