Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Builds Here

There's nothing evil about Possession. (Well, I mean, it's totally evil, but I mean nobody is going to mock you in /global, especially for just bonking around Khitai.)

Did I miss the reason why you're not just going full Possession and taking Chains of Anguish again?

5/5 Flame Lash isn't really necessary unless you're taking Inferno. Inferno is good for solo PVE, although it shines best when you're really mass-pulling.

Burning Words actually stings pretty good. It's good for when a mass pull goes bad and you've got to bail with the mobs still with a decent amount of health; root them, run out of range to let pots tick, then regroup with the scales back in your favor.
    Last edited by Prima; 1st May 2013 at 04:32.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    There's nothing evil about Possession. (Well, I mean, it's totally evil, but I mean nobody is going to mock you in /global, especially for just bonking around Khitai.)

Did I miss the reason why you're not just going full Possession and taking Chains of Anguish again?

5/5 Flame Lash isn't really necessary unless you're taking Inferno. Inferno is good for solo PVE, although it shines best when you're really mass-pulling.

Burning Words actually stings pretty good. It's good for when a mass pull goes bad and you've got to bail with the mobs still with a decent amount of health; root them, run out of range to let pots tick, then regroup with the scales back in your favor.
    Thanks a lot for these advices.

I know nobody's going to throw me little sharp rocks in the eyes for playing possession. But I always have the feeling that, when in serious raid, I should play in the way that is the "most optimized for the team". I mean, my general motto is to play just as you enjoy it the most, (e.g. Don't to play conq as a brute if you prefer to play it carn just because someone told you so, or don't take this feat if you feel unconfortable with, even if everyone is telling you it's quite good). But in a bit serious large group encounter, I don't want to waste the time of people, so I tried to optimize a bit the build, and yes, I think my new build was a bit more fitted for group encounter. Even if other shiny feat, which were fun but useless to the raid, seemed very cool.

So yhea, I played mostly on possession (With Tongue and Chains) for a while, during all my leveling and also some time at level 80 when I gathered some blue Kithai gear and was doing a few T1 runs. Then I switched to Avatar. Plus, Avatar tree was new to me and kind of exciting to play with. (Well, a HoX in aways fun anyway)

The reason why I don't really plan to take Chains of Anguish again is only that I want to try someting a bit new A play with it for a very long time so I think a will try some new combination just to see how it works.

Like, "hooo, I could take Molten Flesh, it's a new spell I never played with, kinda cool to test, but is it worth the try ? Let's ask the big HoX on the forum"
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 1st May 2013 at 05:25.

lately i've played a bit with something like this, with pot as golden perk, and i found to be rather good (both in fun and effectiveness) in huge aoe fights (eg, t2 raids)....
    i would not reccommend it for single target fights though...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

If you want to do it this way
    Go for this http://goo.gl/wYRJj

Imp burning skull is a dot you practicly do nothing to engage and its only 1 point.
    Searing Hatred is good additional aoe dot to a combo you'd be best using to get your inferno stacks up.
    Butcher...well its more melee dmg
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

For truly big AOE fights just use Pillars (with Searing Hatred) for an insta 10 stack and then Inferno. Depending on how long the fight will be will decide if you have time to transform or apply other buffs.

Default i would like to know how are ppl getting 1400 plus dps on their hox

Sup amigos I have been reading here and there and my question right now on the hox am full BB plus t3 sword and I only get 1200 DPs on my hox on the straw dummy how in the hell you guys get 1400 plus dsp?
    Some of my accessories
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....2B9wQO4Avk0S1q

rotation and build
    TeamVernia rotation is:

DE, Demon Maw, HFB, Spitfire, Inferno Curse, BtD, HFB+EoX+Burning Skulls before finisher, Pillars 2, HFB before finisher, Fire Lance, HFB before finisher, BtD, HFB before finisher, Inferno (should have 10x by now), HFB, unbuffed Flame Lash, Pillars 3, HFB and Avatar before finisher (so losing DE does not break a combo), then back to BtD etc...

http://goo.gl/LcNDy
    Last edited by jicamo; 5th July 2013 at 05:07.

your link is empty..dont copy the from navigationbar as it sometimes shortens with "..." in between xD use the link given above the featree

Thanks for the heads up fixed it )

Quote Originally Posted by jicamo View Post
    Sup amigos I have been reading here and there and my question right now on the hox am full BB plus t3 sword and I only get 1200 DPs on my hox on the straw dummy how in the hell you guys get 1400 plus dsp?
    Some of my accessories
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....2B9wQO4Avk0S1q

rotation and build
    TeamVernia rotation is:

DE, Demon Maw, HFB, Spitfire, Inferno Curse, BtD, HFB+EoX+Burning Skulls before finisher, Pillars 2, HFB before finisher, Fire Lance, HFB before finisher, BtD, HFB before finisher, Inferno (should have 10x by now), HFB, unbuffed Flame Lash, Pillars 3, HFB and Avatar before finisher (so losing DE does not break a combo), then back to BtD etc...

http://goo.gl/LcNDy
    Hi,

I parsed 1523dps on straw man with worse gear than you got.

http://goo.gl/M0phj

http://i.imgur.com/KUP4wRz.jpg

Ahhh man nice don't know what am doing wrong will try your build and see how it goes Ty ) are using the rotation posted? Just different. Build am assuming

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast