Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP weapins and armor

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    No it's not moot, it simply says that gear is not the biggest issue, AA is.
    My point was that you'll never see that scenario play out though. I agree with your point about the gear not being nearly as big of a difference, but I was just saying you'll never run across that situation. I worded my response poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistious View Post
    One thing you have to keep in mind is that certain classes have advantage over other classes. It's just the way the game was designed, which is not bad, but does require some tweaking.

For instance, as we all know tank classes right now can dominate a match if they are a good player. Some of this is skill, but also it is an imbalance with the way the classes work in PvP. Tanks classes should have survivability, but should not be putting out the DPS they are currently capable of. It is supposed to be the pro/con of choosing your class. Why do you think you see so many tank classes being played in PvP right now. It's because they offer the best mix of survivability and offense in the game right now. Sure there are classes that can out DPS them, but none of those classes offer the survivabilty to DPS output they are capable of.
    I agree somewhat, but problems is you cannot make all tank classes turtles in pvp, they need to have the option either turtle or dps.
    But now they are kindo both almost at same time, at least the skilled and full AA.

What classes are competitive in PvP without AA ??

How will you make new players play PvP when they have to Grind AA for ever og hit rock forever before they even have a fighting chance.

I guess the AA was a way of trying to hold on the players, keep them grinding and subbing. But now, isn't it time to make some lvl80 quests that gives you massive amount of AA when you hit 80 ?

LVL79 players cannot do minis with LVL80, but lvl79 vs fresh 80 is so much fair than a fresh 80 vs anyone who has played 80 for a while.
    Last edited by Sacerdo; 5th March 2013 at 15:50.

I have to disagree with changing PvE gear so it's less effective in PvP. What I think we should do is determine the amount of effort and time put in to get the particular types of gear and weigh their effectiveness on that in both PVP and PVE.

So it doesn't matter if you have PvP gear or PvE gear, both should work in pvp and pve situations. I only say this because I HATE the idea of Bori to get PvP gear and ranks because I'm in a low population server and can't get gear through PvP. It just doesn't make sense to have a dagger that can damage "x" amount on a NPC but then "x - 10" amount on a player. The same goes the opposite direction.

Base gear on effort and time required to attain it and remove the pvp/pve effectiveness.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

1.)Bring back Heroic Stats on PvE gear.

2.)Add con to the PvP weapons.

3.)Completely get rid of PvP levels and create a form of currency to buy PvP gear that is much faster to obtain.

4.)Add new areas to every zone with PvP objectives even on PvE servers. Make PvP an option to level, even on PvE servers.(I know, Warhammer. But it would be an awesome system in this game)

5.)Allow killing players, completing open world objectives, winning minigames and winning sieges to give players said currency for their contribution to the kill, objective, minigame or siege. The larger the contribution a player has(healing, CC's, damage), the more currency they shall receive. This will obviously give players with more skill a larger advantage, but isn't that how it should be?

6.)Make a new arena type system in minigames with a server ranking with a weekly or monthly reset time. Do something similar in the open world for the most kills in a week.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Waiting for the QQ's to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    1.)Bring back Heroic Stats on PvE gear.

2.)Add con to the PvP weapons.

3.)Completely get rid of PvP levels and create a form of currency to buy PvP gear that is much faster to obtain.

4.)Add new areas to every zone with PvP objectives even on PvE servers. Make PvP an option to level, even on PvE servers.(I know, Warhammer. But it would be an awesome system in this game)

5.)Allow killing players, completing open world objectives, winning minigames and winning sieges to give players said currency for their contribution to the kill, objective, minigame or siege. The larger the contribution a player has(healing, CC's, damage), the more currency they shall receive. This will obviously give players with more skill a larger advantage, but isn't that how it should be?

6.)Make a new arena type system in minigames with a server ranking with a weekly or monthly reset time. Do something similar in the open world for the most kills in a week.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Waiting for the QQ's to begin.
    QQ your ideas are all very interesting.

All pvp weapons tier1 2 and 3 are so far behind and outdated vs pve tire 1 to 4
    PVP weapons need to at least match the current pve weapons (DPS) and stats

Increase the power of pvp weapons tier1 2 and 3 or block pve weapons from being used in pvp

PLZ PLZ, dont make weps more op to contend with t4, nerf the whole thing

make kesh stuff worth something by nerfing teh rest

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    PLZ PLZ, dont make weps more op to contend with t4, nerf the whole thing

make kesh stuff worth something by nerfing teh rest
    It's not gonna happen. Might as well suck it up.

I saw T4 weapons yesterday that made me want to just quit. NOTHING you can get via PVP even comes close to T3 stuff (at least for casters) so what incentive would have to use it.

I have a PVP 8 demo and I still use a T3/T2 PVE combo for weapons. I checked the PVP 10 weapons.. I would be better off using the Firestick...

Some thought really needs to be given on the best way to fix this. I think Ruhen may be right...... bring back +Heroic stats. Lower the base stats of the weapons and give them the bonus via Heroic so that they still have their uber PVE weapon for their PVE encounter.

One other suggestion is add Tenacity and Con to all PVP weapons. This would make them more appealing to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast