Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP weapins and armor

Angry PvP weapons and armor

Holy cow first post in pvp forums! Funcom listen up! Now that we have a new GD one of the first priorities should be to make pvp armor and weapons better for PvP. It has become that all this khitai and T4 stuff is stronger for PvP than actual PvP gear. Something needs to be done quick. With these big PvE guilds now doing T4 pretty soon it will be hard to compete.Either make the PvP gear stronger than PvE gear for PvP or increase the stats on the PvP gear, seriously. Please all the PvPers need to speak up here and make a stink. Get it done.Ohh and some minigame maps would be nice too.

P.S. PvEers need not leave input on this, this is the PvP forums.
    Last edited by xkrunkx; 5th March 2013 at 13:57.

Gear is to strong already, further widen the gap between high and low lvl's ain't the way to go. Easy solution; reduce all normal item stats with 50% when in PvP and leave the pvp stats as they are, easy and quick fix that makes PvP-gear effectively the best choice and at the same time reduces the 'way too big' impact gear have in PvP.

What sageman said.

No need to buff the upper PvP tiers; that's just another factor that would add to the gap. What needs to be done is that PvE gear should be nerfed in PvP somehow.

Whatever FC does, the LAST thing they need to do is add more factors to the gear/AA gap. There has to be a somewhat easy way to implement a system along the lines of what sageman pointed out, where "normal" (i.e. non-PvP designated) stats are scaled at XX% when PvPing.

We need new content and a new pvp set is just that. Make the new set obtainable for all levels, and then the gap is reduced. (We or mmo crowd is used to gear rewards and its getting pretty boring now with nothing new)

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    Gear is to strong already, further widen the gap between high and low lvl's ain't the way to go. Easy solution; reduce all normal item stats with 50% when in PvP and leave the pvp stats as they are, easy and quick fix that makes PvP-gear effectively the best choice and at the same time reduces the 'way too big' impact gear have in PvP.
    why would buffing pvp gear widen the gap ? you would ofcourse also buff the lower tier pvp gear. PvP gear has pvp only stats so it wouldn't impact pve.

PvP should be about skill and not gear. PvE gear should be nerfed to act as rice paper when wearing it in PvP(whether that be in arenas or open world PvP). PvE gear should also suffer a major DPS nerf when it comes to PvP. Players shouldn't be allowed to farm PvE content for any kind of benefit when it comes to PvP.

One game I have played recently, that really seemed to work well in the gear dept was DC Universe. It gives the best survivability when it comes to PvP as it should. The one problem they did not address however was the DPS aspect of PvE gear being used in arena's. As a PvP'er I am instantly turned off when I see a game that has PvE gear offering the best survivability/offense in a PvP environment. This should not be the case ever.

Please think about this devs. PvP = Player vs. Player, not gear vs. gear. Gear in a PvP environment really need to be normalized as to not offer any huge advantage over the gear of other players with the exception of the different tiers of gear. As you step up in gear levels you should gain a very minimal stat increase. Yes it should give you a bit better stats, but not to the point it is in game right now. Once players reach full PvP 10 gear, they are basically unkillable to PvP lvl 4 and lower players, and this should not be the case. The gear should not determine the outcome of the match. It should be based on the skills of the players.

The way DC Universe handled this was making available a T1 set of PvP gear able to be bought from a vendor, no levels were required to purchase the gear so anyone wanting to PvP could do so without a huge entry barrier. It gave them the survivability to do arena's without getting wrecked against higher tier players. It wasn't the greatest gear, but it did offer survivabilty to compete. Once the players earned enough marks they could upgrade to higher tiers. This system worked well and allowed fresh players a fighting chance in arena's.
    Last edited by Sadistious; 5th March 2013 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistious View Post
    Once players reach full PvP 10 gear, they are basically unkillable to PvP lvl 4 and lower players, and this should not be the case. The gear should not determine the outcome of the match. It should be based on the skills of the players.
    I agree skills should matter most, but I don't agree with the rest, PVP10 does not equal unkillable. It's all class dependent, some classes suffer more than others. and imo AA is a bigger problem than gear when it comes to balance, again differs on classes though.

First thing I notice when move to Crom was, there are pvp2 players that are damn hard to kill, not because they are good pvp players, but because they have full AA. On Fury pvp2 = noob without AA, on Crom so many lowlvl pvp players with full AA.
    Last edited by Sacerdo; 5th March 2013 at 15:01.

Well, I have seen it time and time again, it is the way it is in this game right now. The survivability of the higher level gear offers mitigation that is way too imbalanced. If you take two of the same class(PvP 3 geared vs PvP 10) I guarantee you the PvP 10 gear will be the determining factor in the outcome of the match. Now skill will also be a factor, but the survivabilty of the hgiher tier gear heavily outwheighs the lower tiers, as it shoud be, just not to the extent that is currently does. Yes the higher gear should be better, but only by a small percentage that can be overcome with skill.

Well once (if) the gear disparity is fixed, what then about AAs? Seems like there's a bigger chasm there. IMO you should be able to fit a certain number of points into your AAs and get a small number of phials when you hit 80 (at least to get the effin CC break in this CC-infested game).

PVP10 bori farmer vs PVP3 PVP'er (both without AA), I predict the PVP'er will win.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast